Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillies Trade Rumors/Discussions - Consolidated Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
do a package deal for Ludwick and Mike Adams. They get their RH bat with some pop and a great bullpen arm. Then find someone in the offseason to replace Ludwick.

I just think they'll have to give up too much to get Pence.

I could see them moving one of these three for Ludwick and Adams: Cosart, Singleton, Dom Brown plus 2 mid-level prospects...instead of possibly all 3 of those guys for Pence.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Re: I don't think the Phillies should go after Pence, INSTEAD...

0 ER in the last two nights against Giants pitching. Phillies need someone.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010

I've always hoped that we could package Ludwick with either Bell or Adams for an impact prospect. I would definitely take one of those three prospects for Ludwick and Adams, preferably Dom Brown. An outfield of Maybin, Brown, and Venable would be pretty awesome.

Ludwick isn't as bad as he looks, Petco park really does affect hitting. I could see Ludwick putting up pretty good numbers in Philly's little park.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

padremurph said:
I've always hoped that we could package Ludwick with either Bell or Adams for an impact prospect. I would definitely take one of those three prospects for Ludwick and Adams, preferably Dom Brown. An outfield of Maybin, Brown, and Venable would be pretty awesome.

Ludwick isn't as bad as he looks, Petco park really does affect hitting. I could see Ludwick putting up pretty good numbers in Philly's little park.

I think Pence is light years better than Ludwick, but I agree, I think you insert Ludwick into the Philly lineup and play him in that park and he gets a boost.

Phillies should've went hard after Francoeur in the offseason (or trade for him now!) He would've been great in RF for the Phils.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell

if they could do cosart and singleton for pence. i do that in a heartbeat.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

joey12508 said:
if they could do cosart and singleton for pence. i do that in a heartbeat.

phillies already offered that plus one other body and the astros said no

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010

JEBJJA said:
How can one be excited over Venable? He stinks. Won't even be a 12 hr and/or .280 guy.

He's no superstar but he's great on defense and when he gets on he can steal.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008

I think a Ludwick & Adams package would command more than a Pence package..

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008

I agree Venable is beyond terrible.

JEBJJA said:
How can one be excited over Venable? He stinks. Won't even be a 12 hr and/or .280 guy.

Card Geeks Blog

Jun 2, 2011

Ludwick in that lineup wouldn't be far from what Jayson Werth was for Philly IMO.

tommyd2107

Oct 29, 2009

rumor deal right now is pence to philly for singleton, cosart and trevor may. If i were the phillies id rather trade colvin over may if possible. I'd even sell high on Worley if I had to.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

tommyd2107 said:
rumor deal right now is pence to philly for singleton, cosart and trevor may. If i were the phillies id rather trade colvin over may if possible. I'd even sell high on Worley if I had to.

That trade is insanity for the phillies. Thats the kind of deal you make for Justin Upton, not Hunter Pence.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008

tommyd2107 said:

That's more than they gave up for Halladay.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

Skorris CCBC said:
tommyd2107 said:

Thats almost more than they gave up for Halladay and Oswalt.

3 of the top 60 prospects in baseball for Pence?

MacK

Aug 7, 2008

phillyfan0417 said:
Skorris CCBC said:
tommyd2107 said:

Thats almost more than they gave up for Halladay and Oswalt.

3 of the top 60 prospects in baseball for Pence?

Pence seems like he'd be an absolutely great fit in Philly, but they're paying like he'd be the face of their franchise.

But damn, that'd give Houston's future a brand new look. Right now it looks so bleak.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

MLBTradeRumors reports that a package consisting of Brown and Cosart might get Pence.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010

Jaypers said:
MLBTradeRumors reports that a package consisting of Brown and Cosart might get Pence.

Don't do it Philly, I'm sure they know pitching wins championships. Hopefully they're thinking dominant pen.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Anyone else see this Astros/Phillies tweet?

Anthony Jackson (@tonyjackson78) has shared a Tweet with you:

"mlbtraderumors: There's a sense out there that if #phillies sub domonic brown for singleton and include cosart they might land pence. #tradedeadline"
--http://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/96938746527748097

Now I am in no way a Phillies fan, but that is just stupid. Why would anyone even think they would trade all that upside in Dom? I don't see it happening. I'd rather see Pence in Atlanta. Quentin would be nice too.

GO BRAVES!!

~AJ

Members online

Latest posts