Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PC white whale acquired - '04 Jared Allen SP Auth. Black /10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
Quick history - last January I decided to put together a PSA slabbed set of all of Jared Allen's rookie and rookie variation cards. There are 20 total (non auto'd), so I didn't think it would be too hard or too expensive of a challenge.

Well - sadly lower numbered parallels don't come up for sale often, but I lucked into a college kid in KC on ebay who was liquidating his collection. Not only was I able to buy a lot of variations offline from him, he let me meet him in person when I was on a trip there and cherry pick which ones I wanted since I was getting them graded (I bought extras for his time and as trade bait here in MN, including 18 SP Authentics).

One card that had eluded him was the 2004 SP Authentic Black, which is numbered out of 10 (his lowest numbered rc parallel). Back then I checked Terapeak and no versions of this card had sold going back the previous year. A year and a half later and still none popped up (so an ebay drought of 2.5 years plus) until last week when a low feedback user put one up. I contacted the seller right away and was able to negotiate an off-ebay deal. Just got it in the mail yesterday, and it is sweet. Not too expensive, but still a great added. Going to PSA in August I hope. Rest of the 'set' is slabbed and scanned in my bucket.

ft448.jpg

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
Thanks, gents. Really glad Ebay has the auto-search notification...I got tired of checking ebay daily for his cards :)

Members online

Latest posts