Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone think this guy is a Future HOF??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
Adrian Beltre?

He is 32 and he has 2000 hits, 300 homeruns, and 1100 rbis.

I never really thought of Beltre as this kind of elite player, but I guess he has the stats that show he might be hof worthy.
He also has another 5 years playing in the offensive ballpark in Texas.

tm decomposer

Aug 29, 2010
I had a debate with my friend about the terms of elite and iconic. I believe those two terms only fit people in the national spotlight, faces of their teams. But I agree with you, Beltre gets my vote. Hopefully I'll have a HOF vote in 10 years :p

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
tm decomposer said:
I had a debate with my friend about the terms of elite and iconic. I believe those two terms only fit people in the national spotlight, faces of their teams. But I agree with you, Beltre gets my vote. Hopefully I'll have a HOF vote in 10 years :p

Na, he's had a good career but thats not good enough for the hall.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
I was thinking the same thing the other day. Counting stats should be there. AVG and OBP won't. Multiple gold glove winner. Doesn't have any rings(hoping that changes). Has the rep of being a contract year player(fair or not). My guess is he falls short.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I thought you were smoking acid when I read this.

But holy ****, you're right. Good god, I never knew he was that young and had compiled that much

He won't get in to the HOF for the same reason a Palmeiro won't get in. He doesn't stand out.

tm decomposer

Aug 29, 2010
Nick1190 said:
tm decomposer said:

Na, he's had a good career but thats not good enough for the hall.
What do you think about Paul Konerko?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
JoshHamilton said:

But holy ****, you're right. Good god, I never knew he was that young and had compiled that much

He won't get in to the HOF for the same reason a Palmeiro won't get in. He doesn't stand out.

You really think Palmeiro not getting in has ANYTHING other than to do with his PED abuse? lol The guy was a clear-cut HOFer before the PED abuse was outed. 500+ HRs AND 3,000+ hits, and you really think he isn't a HOFer? Come on, man.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
JoshHamilton said:

You really think Palmeiro not getting in has ANYTHING other than to do with his PED abuse? lol The guy was a clear-cut HOFer before the PED abuse was outed. 500+ HRs AND 3,000+ hits, and you really think he isn't a HOFer? Come on, man.

Before the roid stuff, the consensus with Raffy was he was a compiler and never lead the league in any important statistical categories (I think both points are dumb, but whatever)

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
JoshHamilton said:
sportscardtheory said:
JoshHamilton said:

But holy quit swearing you're right. Good god, I never knew he was that young and had compiled that much

Before the roid stuff, the consensus with Raffy was he was a compiler and never lead the league in any important statistical categories (I think both points are dumb, but whatever)

I think people genuinely questioned his greatness, given how quietly he compiled his stats, but I think the point stands that Palmeiro's reasons for not being in the Hall are almost 100% PED related at this point.

And if he hadn't been juicing, I imagine he would have made it easily (even if there was some grumbling about how he wasn't as good as his numbers). No way that 3000/500 doesn't make the HOF unless there's a character issue.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
JoshHamilton said:

But holy quit swearing you're right. Good god, I never knew he was that young and had compiled that much

I don't have much to add but I'm pretty sure you can't "smoke" acid. Just sayin

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
maxpower said:
JoshHamilton said:
sportscardtheory said:
JoshHamilton said:

I think people genuinely questioned his greatness, given how quietly he compiled his stats, but I think the point stands that Palmeiro's reasons for not being in the Hall are almost 100% PED related at this point.

And if he hadn't been juicing, I imagine he would have made it easily (even if there was some grumbling about how he wasn't as good as his numbers). No way that 3000/500 doesn't make the HOF unless there's a character issue.

I was thinking the SAME thing :lol:

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
maxpower said:
JoshHamilton said:
sportscardtheory said:
JoshHamilton said:

Agreed. Reaching just one of those milestones makes you HOF worthy. Unless you're tied to PED's.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Another member in this thread brought up a good point, he won't get into the hall because he doesn't stand out at all.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I say No not unless he can have a good run in the next 5 years and get a MVP and 2000hits, or 200 hr's. He has not be elite and he needs to change that. If he gets and MVP with one of those other mile stones he might make it in with like 76% of the vote.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Hall of Fame, not hall of Great. No

Is Ortiz in the HOF? Similar players/numbers. Cannot say he is just because the Sox have won. At least Beltre plays D.

thefatguy said:
Hall of Fame, not hall of Great. No

Is Ortiz in the HOF? Similar players/numbers. Cannot say he is just because the Sox have won. At least Beltre plays D.

ortiz was the most feared dh in baseball for 5 years or so. i dont think he is a HOFer however i think the comparison to beltre is flawed since beltre has never been the most feared at his position. i think higher of scott rolen than i do beltre and i dont think rolen is hall of fame material either.

Members online

Latest posts