Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Could Miguel Cabrera...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Could Miguel Cabrera go down as a top ten hitter over the last 50 years when he hangs it up? Assuming he stays healthy for the next 8-10 years..

He projects to have a batting average over .305 lifetime, over 500 HR's and over 1500 RBI's. As crazy as it sounds, I truly believe he could go down as a top 10 hitter and also is THE BEST HITTER IN THE GAME TODAY.

Maybe I have a too much of a mancrush on Miggy, but he's that good.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
Pujols.................

And he is also on pace for 3000H. If 500 HR 3000H and a .305 BA isn't a top 10 hitter I don't know what is.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
STRASBURG'S A TURD
Anyways yes I think Miggy will do well
but not that well
Lets put it this way
If Pujols bounces STL he will not have set very many franchise records

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
he's really one of the best modern day hitter at this time but the way he carries himself on and off the field aside from hitting (drunk driving, no hustling on the field, doesnt seem to have that fire to be greater than he already is..etc), I think those other negative factors could make him turn a 180 in the next few years and kill his back end of his career..

I don't see him playing much, just seeing his stats and he puts up sick numbers each year but when I see him play on a rare basis, he just seems to go through the motions...

I don't know..right now he's one of the best hitters but it's really hard to predict a guy like miggy if he can stay motivated, have the fire, desire to push himself that will tell in 2-3 years IMO

dave

G

He'll put himself out of the league from steroids or another DUI by then.

gr5

Apr 30, 2011
Nick1190 said:
Could Miguel Cabrera go down as a top ten hitter over the last 50 years when he hangs it up? Assuming he stays healthy for the next 8-10 years..

He projects to have a batting average over .305 lifetime, over 500 HR's and over 1500 RBI's. As crazy as it sounds, I truly believe he could go down as a top 10 hitter and also is THE BEST HITTER IN THE GAME TODAY.

Lol if anyone says yes to this there dumb. No offense nick but 50 years? There's a ton of WAY better hitters then him. Maybe you should chill with the crush on him....

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Great hitter but the weight gain will eventually catch up to him and shorten his career a bit.

I mean hes what 28 or 29 and hes already pushing 240 or so. If he doesn't get motivated to stay in shape and live a clean healthy lifestyle soon, its only going to be harder in his 30's.

Honestly I dont see him getting to 500 HRs.

He is halfway to 500 and 300 hits right now, but you have to assume he will keep that pace up in his mid 30's while still carrying 240 lbs.

Wont happen!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Yes, I agree. I think he will go down as one of the best hitters of his generation, if not 1st or 2nd. He will end up at .300, 500 HR, 3000 hits. How many hall of famers can state that?

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
gr5 said:
Nick1190 said:

Lol if anyone says yes to this there dumb. .
lol

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
ballerskrip said:
Yes, I agree. I think he will go down as one of the best hitters of his generation, if not 1st or 2nd. He will end up at .300, 500 HR, 3000 hits. How many hall of famers can state that?

Agreed. He reached 1,500 hits as a 28 year old this year I think? Amazing, and he has the power to go along with the average, too. Players(outside of Pujols) will put up great years here and there, but he does it every single season. It's a treat to watch.

And those who say drinking will be a problem for him? He's done it all his his career, and still kills the ball. I guess people don't understand the majority of MLB players like adult beverages. He'll be fine, and he definitely wants to win.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Two.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
gr5 said:
Nick1190 said:

Lol if anyone says yes to this there dumb. No offense nick but 50 years? There's a ton of WAY better hitters then him. Maybe you should chill with the crush on him....

keep to the prospecting bud.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
JzWand said:
Great hitter but the weight gain will eventually catch up to him and shorten his career a bit.

I mean hes what 28 or 29 and hes already pushing 240 or so. If he doesn't get motivated to stay in shape and live a clean healthy lifestyle soon, its only going to be harder in his 30's.

Honestly I dont see him getting to 500 HRs.

He is halfway to 500 and 300 hits right now, but you have to assume he will keep that pace up in his mid 30's while still carrying 240 lbs.

Wont happen!
+1

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
hail2thevictors said:
ballerskrip said:
And those who say drinking will be a problem for him? He's done it all his his career, and still kills the ball. I guess people don't understand the majority of MLB players like adult beverages. He'll be fine, and he definitely wants to win.

You see, I am not sure its the drinking that will be the issue. I think the fact that hes already pudgy 240 will catch up to him.
Things get harder once you hit your 30's.
Your metabolism goes down a bit, it gets harder to build lean muscle and its harder to lose weight. All those fun things.

Without getting into it too much, he may have an addictive personality in that should he give up drinking, maybe he uses food as a crutch. Who the hell knows. What we do know is that a0 he likes to drink and b) he likes to eat.

Either way, he may mature a bit and limit the drinking.
But if he doesnt put the fork down, well good luck staying injury free at 35 when you are carrying around 250 of pudge with you!

Now IF he can get his weight down AND give up drinking, I see no reason why he couldnt attain those #'s.

Members online

Latest posts