Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Michael Bourn to the Braves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal by mlbtraderumors
#Braves' deal for #Astros' Bourn is done. Announcement at 10 a.m. ET. #tradedeadline #MLB

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Houston gets Jordan Schafer, Brett Oberholtzer, Paul Clemens and Juan Abreu, according to Jayson Stark.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
Houston gets Jordan Schafer, Brett Oberholtzer, Paul Clemens and Juan Abreu, according to Jayson Stark.

Great great trade for Atlanta, didn't give up any of the untouchable 6 according to Frank Wren.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
mwashuc06 said:
Jaypers said:

Great great trade for Atlanta, didn't give up any of the untouchable 6 according to Frank Wren.

exactly. that's how you make a smart trade boys and girls. only thing better would have been if we gave up mcOut instead of Schafer

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
WJCIII said:
Good Lord I can't wait until Ed Wade is out of Houston.

The Andrew Friedman to Houston rumors will only continue to get louder after the new ownership group is approved.

I sure hope you're right. The rumor is that Wade needed to get a good haul for Pence and Bourn to keep his job and he did OK with Pence but in my opinion embarrassed himself with this trade.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
WJCIII said:

According to the 2010 edition of the baseball america prospect handbook this deal contains a top 10 prospect and two other top 30 prospects along the the Braves 2008 TOP prospect in Schafer, who was rated number one ahead of Jason Heyward. Obviously he has fallen off a bit and has hit a few rough patches, but I think they got a nice haul here. If they weren't going to get any of the four big starting pitchers you might as well get a package of players and hope maybe one can stick into a regular or maybe even better. Bourn was picked up as a side piece in the Brad Lidge deal four years ago, I think he did very well for you maybe Wade did a good job of flipping him, that remains to be seen, but this is a package of 3 top 30 prospects and one former TOP prospect.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Ouch. Talk about trading a dollar for four dimes.

Surprised Wade didn't manage to get a veteran reliever in the deal.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
WJCIII said:
He's not done fleecing the Astros he has plenty of work to do building the Phillies still. :lol:

Seems like a great deal for Atlanta for sure.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
alabamalongsnake said:
braden said:
Ouch. Talk about trading a dollar for four dimes.

Surprised Wade didn't manage to get a veteran reliever in the deal.

so it's equal?

more like a dollar for four nickles

If you're cool with a dollar being equal to four dimes, wanna trade?

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
I am excited that Wren finally got a player with speed, and got rid of the cancer known as Jordan Schafer. A deeper look into Bourn's numbers reveals a few things though:

2011 @ NL East Teams Parks:
Citi Field: 5/11
Citizens Bank: 1/12
Nationals Park: No AB's
Sun Life: 3/15
Turner Field: 1/9

Total: 10/47 (.212)

2011 vs. NL East Pitching Staffs:
vs. PHI: 1/12 2BB/3K, 0 SB
vs. NYM: 10/25 3BB/4K, 2 SB
vs. FLA: 7/27 4BB/5K, 1 SB
vs. WAS: 6/15 0BB/4K, 0 SB

Total: 24/79 (.303)

Judging by the numbers above it seems like most of his "damage" was done against NL East teams in Houston, which doesn't exactly help the Braves out.

Post AS Break 2011: 26/67; 17 K/4 BB; 4 SB, 3 CS (was 35 for 39 before the break)

2011 vs. Lefties: .284/.341/.397

Giants add: Beltran
Phillies add: Pence
Braves add: Bourn

Hmm, one of these things is not like the other.

Members online

Latest posts