Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Madden 12 Hall of Fame Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
VERY cool! and Thanks for the info!

This will be my first year buying Madden, since my little guy used to not want sports games.

I was wondering, the article didn't say, Will the HOF version have any different game content, additions, that type of thing?

Anybody know? :?

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
gt2590 said:
VERY cool! and Thanks for the info!

This will be my first year buying Madden, since my little guy used to not want sports games.

I was wondering, the article didn't say, Will the HOF version have any different game content, additions, that type of thing?

Anybody know? :?

I think it has something extra for the Ultimate Team in-game card game. Other than that, it probably does not differ much apart from:

- Case
- Marshall Faulk autograph

bigeric

Aug 7, 2008
If you preorder the hall of fame or standard edition of this game on amazon you will also receive a $20 gift card

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Found out some info about the difference in In-game content.

In the game, you get a list of 13 HOF-caliber players with their career best years stats. Barry Sanders, Faulk, Rod Woodson, Jerry Rice, VY, etc. in their best-rating year prime form. Pretty cool, but I don't know how many of those you can get otherwise anyway.

But it is something extra at least...

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
gt2590 said:
Found out some info about the difference in In-game content.

In the game, you get a list of 13 HOF-caliber players with their career best years stats. Barry Sanders, Faulk, Rod Woodson, Jerry Rice, VY, etc. in their best-rating year prime form. Pretty cool, but I don't know how many of those you can get otherwise anyway.

But it is something extra at least...

I believe something similar exists for the card game. I remember seeing pictures of cards of Eddie George, Shaun Alexander, etc with 99 ratings.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Saw this a while back and thought it was kind of cool.
I'm on the fence though with the game - they seemed to make a lot of franchise changes and added a ton of features that has me intrigued, but if the gameplay is crap like last year then all that is meaningless.
I just ended up playing Ultimate Team - Madden was basically a virtual card collecting game (which actually worked out, since I've been so broke....opening packs of virtual cards isn't the same, but it was fun lol).

Kind of wish it was just a normal sized card instead of over-sized......Oh well.
Still cool for the extra $20 or whatever if you're purchasing the game anyways.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
bigeric said:
If you preorder the hall of fame or standard edition of this game on amazon you will also receive a $20 gift card

youve been thanked i just preordered the HOF edition for PS3 for basically the same price you get a chance at gold and a Faulk auto thats a good deal in my book

Card Geeks Blog

Jun 2, 2011
125,000 Faulk autos releasing because of the HOF edition. I'll be quite happy to snatch one of these up for super cheap in a month or two.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
In addition to the 4 different Faulk autos that you could get, there is one solid, 18k gold autographed card that will be randomly inserted into one Xbox 360 and one PlayStation 3 copy of the "Hall of Fame Edition." The lucky recipients of these two cards will have one of the most valuable cards in Panini history.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Hmmm, looks like amazon has the $20 credit pre-order promo for both the basic & HOF editions. I am trying to decide which version to get. A Faulk auto would be nice but I'm not sure it's worth the $30 difference.

Members online

Latest posts