Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Erik Bedard to the Red Sox; Trayvon Robinson to SEA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Looks like a 3-team deal. Bedard to the Sox, Tim Federowicz to the Dodgers. Don't know the rest yet.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: Erik Bedard to the Red Sox

Wow.

Chih Hsien-Chiang and Trayvon Robinson to Seattle.

Federowicz and 2 other minor leaguers to LA.

Erik Bedard and Joshua Fields to Boston.

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
Interesting one. Indications out here were that Robinson would be up in LA before the year is over, and may have been the future.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
We'll see, half the reports say Robinson to Boston and the other half say we got both OF's.

Any info on Chih Hsien-Cheng and Trayvon Robinson? How high were each rated in their respective organizations?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
From MLBTrade Rumors:

Red Sox Acquire Erik Bedard In Three-Team Deal
By Tim Dierkes [July 31, 2011 at 3:14pm CST]
3:14pm: This appears to be what's gone down, from Gordon Edes:

Red Sox get: starter Erik Bedard, reliever Josh Fields (both from Mariners)
Dodgers get: catcher Tim Federowicz, reliever Juan Rodriguez, starter Stephen Fife (all from Red Sox)
Mariners get: outfielder Trayvon Robinson (from Dodgers), outfielder Chih-Hsien Chiang (from Red Sox)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
frzg said:
As a seattle fan, I love the deal.

I would be too. You got Robinson, Chiang, Furbush, Wells and F-Martinez. All decent prospects.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Jaypers said:
frzg said:

I would be too. You got Robinson, Chiang, Furbush, Wells and F-Martinez. All decent prospects.

I agree. really great trades by the Ms and its not over yet.
On a sidenote, If you lose a guy named "Fister" picking up a "Furbush" is a MUST.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
19braves77 said:
Don't understand this deal for the Dodgers.

This is vintage Ned Colletti - the easiest GM for other GMs to fleece.

I'm not under the illusion that Robinson was going to be an all-star as I think his K rate is too high and the power he showed this year in AAA wasn't really a sign of the future but still the Dodgers need bats and I don't see how we are better off now than we were before the trade.

Smells of deal to make a deal syndrome.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Jaypers said:
frzg said:

You're right. the only thing I am questioning with Robinson is this tendency that the M's have to like big OF, hitting a lot of HR but raises k's a plenty. They already have Peguero, Halman & Chavez in their system.

I hope Bedard will do well in Beantown.

Members online

Latest posts