Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Giants What If trade scenario...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

massey

Jun 3, 2010
With all the trades and the fire sale of the Astros, I was hoping Sabean could of used a little magic dust and pull off a huge trade with the Astros to get Bourne, Pence, and Keppinger. It's all in the realm of fantasy but whatever. It would of given them a fast ground attack offense with solid defense to go with the pitching, good for the next 2-3 years. In this scenario, they would give up:

Zach Wheeler
Gary Brown
Francisco Peguero
Thomas Neal
Dan Runzler
Henry Soa
Jason Stoffel
Prospect B
Prospect B
Prospect C
(probably another decent prospect but I can't think of a name)

But the future lineup would be:

CF Bourne
2B Keppinger
3B Sandoval
C Posey
RF Pence
1B Belt
LF Schierholtz
SS Crawford

Imagine all the outfield assist! But instead, we have a bunch of veterans running for the last hurrah. Let's see what the next home stand brings with the Diamondbacks and the Phillies. Woof!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
ekomsdeeew said:
taddd bit late ;)
Rightttttttttttttttttttt Since Pence already went to the Phillies and Bourne went to the Braves.......as for your last wish
you should have used it for 3 more wishes :lol:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Wasn't the OP stating he "was hoping" (past tense) and that it was "all in the realm of fantasy;" I took this as a "what could have been" pondering.

gr5

Apr 30, 2011
BunchOBull said:
Wasn't the OP stating he "was hoping" (past tense) and that it was "all in the realm of fantasy;" I took this as a "what could have been" pondering.

Agreed, I took it as the OP was wondering "what if" the giants got those guys instead of the teams that did.

massey

Jun 3, 2010
gr5 said:
BunchOBull said:

Agreed, I took it as the OP was wondering "what if" the giants got those guys instead of the teams that did.

That was the intent. We now know that the Astros were dealing everyone and their mothers this year.

ekomsdeeew

Aug 18, 2010
massey said:
gr5 said:
BunchOBull said:

That was the intent. We now know that the Astros were dealing everyone and their mothers this year.
i know i know. just giving you some love babyboo =]

Members online

Latest posts