Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Types of PSA cases? Letter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I'm sorry for getting off-topic, because I'm not talking about a baseball item, but I know a lot of you guys is familiar with PSA services due to baseball.

I have a signed letter by Pancho Villa (Mexican revolutionary). I saw that PSA authenticates it's autograph. I'm not looking to sell and I'm pretty sure it's real, but I was wondering if they could encapsulate it?

If for $50 they are only putting a sticker and a letter certifying authenticity, then it's not worth it to me. But if my item will be protected in a case then I'll probably do it.

It's a bit larger than 8X10

escanear0001.jpg

Thanks

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Re: Tipes of PSA cases? Letter

That's pretty sweet. I have no help to add to the thread, but I just wanted to comment on the coolness of the piece.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

wolfmanalfredo said:

It's a letter a little bit larger than 8X10

Weimer said:
That's pretty sweet. I have no help to add to the thread, but I just wanted to comment on the coolness of the piece.

Thanks a lot. Both my dad and I are history buffs. He got really lucky to have someone gave it to him as a gift. And although he has given hints that he would like to know the value, it's because of intention of selling probably, but I won't let him, haha.
Practically I just want the authentication for the encapsulation, to have it more secure. Don't want it on a frame as I don't know if the light will end up fading the auto.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

r2d2 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

Weimer said:

Thanks a lot. Both my dad and I are history buffs. He got really lucky to have someone gave it to him as a gift. And although he has given hints that he would like to know the value, it's because of intention of selling probably, but I won't let him, haha.
Practically I just want the authentication for the encapsulation, to have it more secure. Don't want it on a frame as I don't know if the light will end up fading the auto.

It is pretty big it you want it displayed open. As much as I hate to say it, JSA/BGS might be the better choice. I'll have to look into how big PSA/DNA will authenticate, but I know the other guys slab magazines which are probably the same size.

Also you spelled type wrong in the title.

Jeff got in there before I could type it :lol:

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

wolfmanalfredo said:
r2d2 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

Weimer said:

It is pretty big it you want it displayed open. As much as I hate to say it, JSA/BGS might be the better choice. I'll have to look into how big PSA/DNA will authenticate, but I know the other guys slab magazines which are probably the same size.

Whoops :oops: Will correct that. Thanks.

Yeah, I asked about PSA because I remembered I've seen big BGS for SI's for example. I'll check if JSA will authenticate Villa's autograph.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

r2d2 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
r2d2 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

Weimer said:

Whoops :oops: Will correct that. Thanks.

Yeah, I asked about PSA because I remembered I've seen big BGS for SI's for example. I'll check if JSA will authenticate Villa's autograph.

I'd look into it. As far as PSa/DNA goes I think on larger items like that, they'd opt to give you a COA instead of slabbing it. I'm not sure if JSA has a wide database of auto's they authenticate other then sports, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I've never really used them, so I can't give an accurate assesment from their side.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
You can get glass that protects against UV rays, although it is fairly expensive. Maybe you could buy a cheap prefab frame, and then get glass to fit? You could find out more if you went into a framing shop.

Here are the PSA holder sizes, from their website (bottom of the page). All of them are far too small to fit a sheet of paper. I can't find anything on Beckett's site, but neither one makes it easy.

Standard - 2 11/16" x 3 13/16"
Tall Boy - 3 1/2" x 5 1/ 6"
Supersized (Ticket) - 3 5/8" x 7 1/2"
Supersized (Check) - 4 1/4" x 10"
T-3 Holder - 5 3/4" x 8"

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
csmtampa said:
PSA will slab signed photos and wire photos in a semi rigid type of holder. I'm sure it's listed on the PSA/DNA website, not the PSA website.

I would call and find out how much it would cost.

Heres what the slab looks like : http://www.cantonandcooper.com/andre-dawson-signed-8x10-photo-psa/dna-graded-10/

Thanks, I'll look into it as I thought I would go with BGS/JSA that has maximum dimensions: 8 ½" x 11" to ¼" thick. Perfect for this item. But looking for a second time I saw that the Pancho Villa they authenticate is a boxer.

Thanks

Members online