Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lets redo the 2005 first round draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
Since its arguably the greatest draft class ever. I thought it would be cool to do the first round over again.

I would still put Justin Upton as the #1 pick

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
Oh, missed the whole first round thing, sorry about that.
Still thinnk he is good enough to make the cut.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'm really excited about Upton's potential, but I don't know how anyone could possibly put him in front of Braun at this point in time.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
How quickly everyone forgets how good Ryan Zimmerman is when he's been sidelined by an injury for much of early this year... Gold Glove 3b, hits for average and power, drives in runs. I beleive there was a web site that made a case for him being MVP-worthy last year when you use advanced metrics to look at his fielding and hitting. Problem is, he plays for a ****** team. But I think he slots in at No. 4 behind Upton, Braun and Tulowitzki, and ahead of McCutcheon...

And what about Jeff Clement?
j/k

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Braun and Tulo go ahead of Upton. When you look at production and the fact that both guys have been instrumental in getting their teams into playoffs, it's not really close.

Honestly, does this thread even get started if Upton wasn't mashing right at this moment?

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Todd44 said:
How quickly everyone forgets how good Ryan Zimmerman is when he's been sidelined by an injury for much of early this year... Gold Glove 3b, hits for average and power, drives in runs. I beleive there was a web site that made a case for him being MVP-worthy last year when you use advanced metrics to look at his fielding and hitting. Problem is, he plays for a ****** team. But I think he slots in at No. 4 behind Upton, Braun and Tulowitzki, and ahead of McCutcheon...

Thanked.

Apparently you can miss a few weeks due to injury and a Gold Glover/Silver Slugger at a very difficult position can drop off the map!

Members online

Latest posts