Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Football is a joke...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
...the current Super Bowl we are watching is proof of this.

Sorry, this is sad...and this is coming from the guy that was talking sportsmanship in the 100-0 thread.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
why is it a joke?

yes, please explain.

I mean, I'm watching "Street Kings" on DVD right now b/c I don't CARE, but why is it a joke?

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
why is it a joke?

You have a QB that is scrambling on a dead play and throws it to no one, but a defended chasing said QB can't break his momentum and knocks the QB over and it is a major penalty.

Second, You have a defended that attempts to block a FG and as the football is going through the uprise the defended knocks over the HOLDER and thus the Steelers get 3 more attemps at a TD.

JOKE

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
On play #1 I think the penalty should have been intentional grounding against the quarterback, not the other way around.

Adamsince1981 said:
mredsox89 said:
why is it a joke?

You have a QB that is scrambling on a dead play and throws it to no one, but a defended chasing said QB can't break his momentum and knocks the QB over and it is a major penalty.

Second, You have a defended that attempts to block a FG and as the football is going through the uprise the defended knocks over the HOLDER and thus the Steelers get 3 more attemps at a TD.

JOKE

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
ffgameman said:
The officiating is occasionally a joke.

Not the actual game.

Officiating occasionally is a joke but replay rules have really helped this. They need to be able to review penalties though.

And on the FG penalty, it wouldn't have been that hard to step to either side or jump

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
ffgamemane & mrredsox,

Thank you...I'm not the only one.

Those calls, that drive, and the officials are all a joke and other than rooting for Warner...I could care less who wins.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
And, I am not versed in football rules - however, I thought that the rule was for roughing the kicker, not the holder.

Adamsince1981 said:
ffgamemane & mrredsox,

Thank you...I'm not the only one.

Those calls, that drive, and the officials are all a joke and other than rooting for Warner...I could care less who wins.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
the facemask penelty was crap, the late hit #1 was more crap and late hit #2 was total crap, plus they didn't call 2-3 holds/blocks in the back on some of those plays too...

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Oh no, I dont believe its a joke. I just feel that if you can review plays, you should be able to review penalties. Intentional grounding is one of the most straightforward rules in the NFL and Roethlisberger did not commit that penalty. I do agree however that the roughing the passer calls throughout the season have become a little absurd but they do call it the same throughout the league.

And on the penalty on the FG attempt, I never knew there was a rule about roughing the holder but obviously there is.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
[quote="mredsox89

Officiating occasionally is a joke but replay rules have really helped this. They need to be able to review penalties though.

And on the FG penalty, it wouldn't have been that hard to step to either side or jump[/quote]
the guy tripped...

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
If the Arizona Cardinals lose they can't completely blame it on the officiating though....altogether they have played a very, very poor game.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
aw00d05 said:
[quote="mredsox89

And on the FG penalty, it wouldn't have been that hard to step to either side or jump
the guy tripped...[/quote]

Well then it should still be a penalty. The penalty isnt for intent its for action

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Could be the two worst Super Bowl teams ever. If the Steelers were even marginally good, they would be winning 100-7 by now. 100 free yards from the refs, 3 extra chances at a TD (and more) and it's still a game in the 4th quarter. Arizona is playing the same way that made them the "Worst playoff team in history."

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
KandKCards said:
Could be the two worst Super Bowl teams ever. If the Steelers were even marginally good, they would be winning 100-7 by now. 100 free yards from the refs, 3 extra chances at a TD (and more) and it's still a game in the 4th quarter. Arizona is playing the same way that made them the "Worst playoff team in history."

Agreed.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
mredsox89 said:
aw00d05 said:
[quote="mredsox89

the guy tripped...

Well then it should still be a penalty. The penalty isnt for intent its for action[/quote]
considering someone on the steelers tripped him...

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
aw00d05 said:
mredsox89 said:
aw00d05 said:
[quote="mredsox89

the guy tripped...

Well then it should still be a penalty. The penalty isnt for intent its for action
considering someone on the steelers tripped him...[/quote]

Thats a different penalty then. I was listening on the radio for the majority of the game so all I could go by was the radio announcers and they didn't mention that. It should have been offsetting penalties then

Members online

Latest posts