Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The PTBNL in the Tigers/Mariners Fister Trade is....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Just as I hoped.

Glad to see us keep Smyly around, we have enough Chance Ruffin types in this organization already(RP drafted out of college in early rounds), though I think Ruffin will be better than Ryan Perry, and possibly Schlereth, too-but Smyly seems like he could have a chance to be in a big league rotation in a year or 2.

And to the dreamers out there-like you said JP, Castellanos was not going to be part of this. Not sure where that got any sort of legs, but all I can say to that is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Firebirds11

Oct 6, 2010
Woo-hoo! We get to keep Smyly!

Purcey DFA'd...Tigers win...Cleveland/White Sox lost..Get to keep Smyly.

Good day for Detroit!

mikefrank

Jan 27, 2011
I don't like giving up Ruffin, but obviously it could be worse...and if they win the division this year, that certainly lowers the pain level.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Ugh. what horrible journalism by all of these sites. Do not believe its Chance Ruffin, jason churchill's twitter feed that is a 'heard it from a friend of a friend' that it will be Ruffin. Churchill is now saying he isnt sure but just figured it out by eliminating people he didn't think it was. Churchill is also the guy who guaranteed the M's would take Francisco Lindor because his 'sources' told him they would and then claimed Jack Z ignored his scouts and overruled them at the last second. He is the last person I would listen to on M's advice.

For the record, I don't think its Ruffin.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
"Chance Ruffin, likely to be the player to be named later in the trade with the Detroit Tigers -- a conclusion came to by process of elimination through conversations I have had with sources not employed by any club" - Churchill,

He should not be tweeting that the PTBNL is Ruffin when hes just blindly guessing. Now ESPN and every other site is saying its Ruffin based off a tweet of a guess by Churchill.

Here's what Shannon Drayer said, probably the most plugged in news source for the M's today

12:45
Comment From Jack
Who`ll be the PTBNL in the Fister trade? Ruffin, Smyly, Brantley?

12:49
We shall see. I am reasonably sure it is not Ruffin and am hearing but not from a reliable source that it could be Castellanos which I find hard to believe. Again, not a reliable source but I will throw that out on the chat. If it is, this could go down as one of Zduriencik's best trades. I can tell you that Z is very excited about the pick and the Detroit people I have talked to have said that it was very hard to let that player go.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
SmoakBomb said:
frzg said:
He is the last person I would listen to on M's advice.
Yet you subscribe to prospectinsider and constantly tweet questions to Churchill....

Yes, disagreeing with him on our draft and players. I follow all M's related twitter, doesn't mean I agree with anything they all have to say. He's probably the most arrogant 'insider' I've ever talked to.

Firebirds11

Oct 6, 2010
frzg said:
"Chance Ruffin, likely to be the player to be named later in the trade with the Detroit Tigers -- a conclusion came to by process of elimination through conversations I have had with sources not employed by any club" - Churchill,

He should not be tweeting that the PTBNL is Ruffin when hes just blindly guessing. Now ESPN and every other site is saying its Ruffin based off a tweet of a guess by Churchill.

Here's what Shannon Drayer said, probably the most plugged in news source for the M's today

Comment From Jack

We shall see. I am reasonably sure it is not Ruffin and am hearing but not from a reliable source that it could be Castellanos which I find hard to believe. Again, not a reliable source but I will throw that out on the chat. If it is, this could go down as one of Zduriencik's best trades. I can tell you that Z is very excited about the pick and the Detroit people I have talked to have said that it was very hard to let that player go.

Well Castellanos is already eliminated as a choice. Dombroski already said that the reason he traded Martinez was because Castellanos was in our farm.

He says right in there 'not a reliable source'....then why use that source? Seems odd.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Firebirds11 said:
frzg said:

Comment From Jack

Well Castellanos is already eliminated as a choice. Dombroski already said that the reason he traded Martinez was because Castellanos was in our farm.

He says right in there 'not a reliable source'....then why use that source? Seems odd.

Yeah, I'm not buying it's Castellanos either. It doesn't make sense to trade your best two players at 3rd together.

Firebirds11

Oct 6, 2010
frzg said:
Today's the day the PTBNL is named. Hoping its not Ruffin!

Or it could be early tomorrow. Hopefully it's Ruffin or Brantly. If Brantly, that would be great!

Smyly is looking nice with that .52 ERA in Erie.

Firebirds11

Oct 6, 2010
I don't know if this makes a difference, but Drew Smyly tweeted that he just had a 12 hour bus ride from Portland to Erie. I don't know why he would have that long of a bus ride to be sent somewhere else today, lol.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Firebirds11 said:
I don't know if this makes a difference, but Drew Smyly tweeted that he just had a 12 hour bus ride from Portland to Erie. I don't know why he would have that long of a bus ride to be sent somewhere else today, lol.

I don't think HE or the tigers know. They're not going to contact the 3 players and say hey we like you but there is a 33% chance you're getting traded in the next few weeks.

Firebirds11

Oct 6, 2010
frzg said:
Firebirds11 said:

I don't think HE or the tigers know. They're not going to contact the 3 players and say hey we like you but there is a 33% chance you're getting traded in the next few weeks.

How do the Tigers not know already?

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Firebirds11 said:
frzg said:
Firebirds11 said:

The M's have a list of 3 guys, most likely Brantly, Smyly and Ruffin that they can choose from. Jack Z said the last 2 weeks they've been scouting the 'players on the list'. I guess it could be all rhetoric, but that's what everyone is being told in Seattle.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
If it is Castellanos which I don't think it could possibly be as Detroit wouldn't give up both, I'll paypal you $50 firebird to ease the pain. And yeah, I'm serious.

Firebirds11

Oct 6, 2010
frzg said:
Firebirds11 said:
frzg said:
Firebirds11 said:

The M's have a list of 3 guys, most likely Brantly, Smyly and Ruffin that they can choose from. Jack Z said the last 2 weeks they've been scouting the 'players on the list'. I guess it could be all rhetoric, but that's what everyone is being told in Seattle.

That may be true, but I'm sure he's not going to wait until today to choose. The obvious choice is Smyly and it has been for weeks. They both know who's going to Seattle. I heard the Tigers and Mariners agreed on this player and the had to wait until today to announce it, but that also could be wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts