Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nothing to do w/ Baseball, very interesting-Shame on Panini

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ndepaul99

Jul 20, 2010
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/bask ... 2moro.html

long read, but well worth it.

A little preface, guy was screwed really bad by Panini last year, spent like 20k on National Treasures and having multiple cases missing case hit after case hit, so they told him they would send him a case of this years stuff, and it was all downhill from there, you can start on page 3 now.....

Shame on you Panini, WOW!

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Something about this whole story isnt right. I have a feeling someone was hearing what they wanted to hear and less of what was being said. I personally maybe am missing the point, but while yes kinda odd what should panini do with those boxes? Throw those cards out?

And according to his story he got a "*$#&$y" case that his girlfriend bought him. This wasnt multiple cases, while he did break multiple they have nothing to do with this case. Maybe he confused the crap out of panini like he did to me just now :lol: .

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
nyc3 said:
Something about this whole story isnt right. I have a feeling someone was hearing what they wanted to hear and less of what was being said. I personally maybe am missing the point, but while yes kinda odd what should panini do with those boxes? Throw those cards out?

And according to his story he got a "*$#&$y" case that his girlfriend bought him. This wasnt multiple cases, while he did break multiple they have nothing to do with this case. Maybe he confused the crap out of panini like he did to me just now :lol: .

They AGREE to send him a sealed case to replace the one he sent back to them with the issues. All they did was send him preview packs and was not a sealed complete case.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Mr.Whipple said:
They AGREE to send him a sealed case to replace the one he sent back to them with the issues. All they did was send him preview packs and was not a sealed complete case.

I need more information. Like

* What was he shorted exactly
* Why if he got it a year ago are they replacing it now a year later
* And when did companies start accepting and sending out whole cases to replace missing hits? To me this is far more disturbing than some guy not getting the cards he wants. So does this mean if I dont get a rip card from ginter and a few relics I can send back the whole case to Topps for a new case next year?

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
nyc-

I believe Panini said they could not fix the problem with current product so agreed to send a case of the following years product.

Obviously, what he was shorted was bad enough for the company itself to accept serious fault.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Lancemountain said:
nyc-

I believe Panini said they could not fix the problem with current product so agreed to send a case of the following years product.

Obviously, what he was shorted was bad enough for the company itself to accept serious fault.

I guess, but the problem I have with this is if me or you get shorted hits we get hits sent to us. Why do certain people get cases? Thats pretty shady itself. I personally wont be dealing with panini because of this. Its unfair that everyone needs to go through the replacement of hits routine and some just get cases. Cause bottom line, how many rare hits do you think they send out as replacements for missing hits? I would bet not many if any at all.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Oh, I agree 100%. Every single time I have contacted Topps with missing hits I have gotten total garbage back. To be fair, there are many people out there that take advantage...

I have 0 interest or experience with basketball cards so I really don't know what happened. They did agree to send the guy a case though and sent the promo boxes.

That's really bad business :lol:

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Lancemountain said:
Oh, I agree 100%. Every single time I have contacted Topps with missing hits I have gotten total garbage back. To be fair, there are many people out there that take advantage...

I have 0 interest or experience with basketball cards so I really don't know what happened. They did agree to send the guy a case though and sent the promo boxes.

If the boxes were sealed, It wouldn't be shady but they opened and used them as a preview. Took the nicer cards out of the boxes on top of it.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Mr.Whipple said:
Lancemountain said:

If the boxes were sealed, It wouldn't be shady but they opened and used them as a preview. Took the nicer cards out of the boxes on top of it.

True.

AND they told him he was due a case and got a half of a case.

Members online

Latest posts