Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need an assist from a National attendee (Cash Reward)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I need a big favor from those able to go to the National. I have been working on my set of 1980 Charlotte O's Police cards for around 5 years. I am one card away from having the set completed. It is obviously not an easy find but I will pay a generous finder's fee to the first person who gets me one:

peppergirls.jpg

There was a 1981 card of the Pepper Girls with the same orange border that some confuse for this one. The 1981 card has a different picture. Since it will require looking through some boxes and asking around I will PayPal $100.00 for the card. For more information about the 1980 Police Cards, take a look at the following link:

http://www.ripkenintheminors.com/1980ch ... police.htm

Thanks in advance for any help!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I intend to do a lot of box diving (heh) at the national. I kinda doubt I'll stumble into one of these, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for this card. What would you guess one would sell for?

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I intend to do a lot of box diving (heh) at the national. I kinda doubt I'll stumble into one of these, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for this card. What would you guess one would sell for?

That in itself is a good question. 5 years ago there were two lots of singles that averaged to around $15 a card. The only single I saw auction since then hit $15-$20 and that was John Shelby. Even if the owner knew what they had I would be surprised if it had more than a $25 price tag. Although it is scarce there is a small market looking for singles.

I agree that the chance is small but a forum like the National could be the place to find one. As I mentioned I have been working on the set for close to 5 years now. With that said I am willing to pay for it just to be able to get it done.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Junior Griffey said:
I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thank you so much!

By way of additional background on the set, I was able to get within 3 cards of the complete set by purchasing a pair of lots in 2006. A person entered a shop in a suburb of Charlotte with a stack of the police cards. The stack had 5 copies of the Ripken. A little over a year ago a fellow Ripken collector that was a fan of my site got word that I needed the Will George. In a great act of generosity he sent me the copy free of charge. Last winter I received a message from a friend that asked for my address. In teh mail I received the Will George with a really nice note attached. I have been pretty persistent about looking for the card being so close to set completion but it is not an easy hunt. Even the players had no clue the set was produced.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
One bump for those that may have missed this. Thanks again to everyone willing to help!

Members online

Latest posts