Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

looking for this ruth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
I am searching for a 1920 w519 ruth--if anyone has one and has seen one-please let me know-thanks

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
which one? there are 3 different W519 sets,
W519-1 (no number blue background)................. fairly common
W519-2-1 (numbered #5 with the normal card showing a purple background, but blue and red examples are seen often with both missing one color in printing process).............. fairly common
W519-2-2 (numbered #20 with a medium blue card number, with a "fireworks" background)............ very rare

I have a W519-2-2 Ruth FS if interested.

The W519-2-2 is the rarest of all the color strip cards (by far) with 2 of the 10 cards in the set yet to be identified.

1920w519-2-2ruthsgc30.jpg

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
pm sent

fkw said:
which one? there are 3 different W519 sets,
W519-1 (no number blue background)................. fairly common
W519-2-1 (numbered #5 with the normal card showing a purple background, but blue and red examples are seen often with both missing one color in printing process).............. fairly common
W519-2-2 (numbered #20 with a medium blue card number, with a "fireworks" background)............ very rare

I have a W519-2-2 Ruth FS if interested.

The W519-2-2 is the rarest of all the color strip cards (by far) with 2 of the 10 cards in the set yet to be identified.

1920w519-2-2ruthsgc30.jpg

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Hi Tony, The CL cards are authentic but at $300 ea asking he is way overpriced on the lot. The only card that is worth $300+ is the W516 Ruth. Many of the cards are heavily trimmed and worth only a fraction of what the cards would have been worth with the borders intact.

All 5 of the W519-1 cards are trimmed (blue background cards ie Ruth, Cicotte, Marquard, Gleason, Morton, etc).
Both of the W551 cards are trimmed (Johnson, Speaker)
5/6 of the W516 cards have their borders and would be the best cards in the bunch as far as collectabliity for the average set builder. Not many want cards that are so chopped they dont have any of the white showing on the borders.

$4200 asking price......... Including the boxing card, in reality the lot of 14 cards has a true value of about $800 total on a good day if you sold them individually. Ive handled every one of the cards except the boxing one multiple times....

TonyH

Aug 9, 2008
Eastern Shore MD
fkw said:
Hi Tony, The CL cards are authentic but at $300 ea asking he is way overpriced on the lot. The only card that is worth $300+ is the W516 Ruth. Many of the cards are heavily trimmed and worth only a fraction of what the cards would have been worth with the borders intact.

All 5 of the W519-1 cards are trimmed (blue background cards ie Ruth, Cicotte, Marquard, Gleason, Morton, etc).
Both of the W551 cards are trimmed (Johnson, Speaker)
5/6 of the W516 cards have their borders and would be the best cards in the bunch as far as collectabliity for the average set builder. Not many want cards that are so chopped they dont have any of the white showing on the borders.

$4200 asking price......... Including the boxing card, in reality the lot of 14 cards has a true value of about $800 total on a good day if you sold them individually. Ive handled every one of the cards except the boxing one multiple times....

Thanks, I had no idea if that was a good deal or not. That's a local listing for me and I just remember seeing last week.
I always enjoy vintage just never take the time to educate myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts