Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
Here's the quick version. I sold three cards (three seperate auctions) to the same buyer back in May. About three weeks later he contacted me saying he had never received the cards. I tracked them with the DC# and it showed that the package was sent the day after he paid, and that the item was processed through the sort facility in my state and was currently in transit. So, obviously the package was lost in the mail.

After sharing this with him, he said he would wait a few more days and then file three claims with Ebay. The items never showed up, so he filed the claims. Although I had DC, Ebay awarded him a refund.

Well, I've kept his DC slip handy just so I could check from time to time to see if it ever got delivered. This morning I entered it expecting it to still show "in transit", but instead it said delivered on August 4th, 2 months and two weeks after I shipped it!

So what would you do? He received a refund long ago, so now he has the cards for free. Would you ask him to return the cards?

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
vetsgt02 said:
contact him and ask him to repay or send the cards back. Hopefully he is a good guy and does not screw you over.
Him not contacting the seller answers the question as to whether he is a good guy or not. In addition to contacting the buyer I would also contact paypal and ebay both with your proof of the cards finally getting delivered.

jaderock

Jan 22, 2009
Rickzcards said:
vetsgt02 said:
contact him and ask him to repay or send the cards back. Hopefully he is a good guy and does not screw you over.
Him not contacting the seller answers the question as to whether he is a good guy or not. In addition to contacting the buyer I would also contact paypal and ebay both with your proof of the cards finally getting delivered.
This can and does happen occasionally where the package is misplaced for a while.

As long as you have the DC (showing delivered), ebay/paypal should be able to revised the claim SHOULD the buyer NOT repay it.

I've been on both ends of the claim before, but each time it shows up later, I/the buyer repays.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
Awesome. Thanks for the replies. I didn't know it was possible for Ebay to revise a claim. I have contacted the buyer and will go from there.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
So I contacted the seller...no response as of yet. How should I approach contacting Ebay/Paypal as it is already past the deadline to "report a problem" with the transactions?

Members online