Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Edit: Liddi!!! 3 Homeruns!!! (Article in Italian)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
http://chepalle.gazzetta.it/post/25405574/il-giorno-che-liddi-fece-tre-fuoricampo

Il giorno che Liddi fece tre fuoricampoVenerdì Alex Liddi ha battuto tre fuoricampo, lo sanno già tutti

I Tacoma Rainiers giocavano a Albuquerque contro gli Isotopes (Los Angeles Dodgers), hanno vinto 12-4, Alex ha battuto 4 su 6, con tre fuoricampo, e 5 punti battuti a casa.

Quello che forse non si sa:

Il terzo fuoricampo, all’8° inning sul 10-4 con Tuisosopo in prima, è stato una linea in ritardo (!). Se non ci credete qui ci sono le immagini.

Su Twitter i tifosi (anche quelli di Seattle) chiamano Alex Italian Stallion o Big Italy.

Il sito delle Minors ha dedicato un pezzo all'impresa ad Alex.

Anche il Seattle Times ci ha fatto un titolo.

Dopo tutte le amarezze (qui) dei vari blogger sui punti di deboli di Alex (in effetti è il battitore con più strike out di tutta la Pacific Coast League: 137), dopo che tanti auspicano la sua chiamata in Major al pari di quanto già avvenuto per molti suoi soci di Tacoma, e dopo che molti altri invece sperano di no, il responsabile di tutte le Minors dei Seattle Mariners, Pedro Grifol, ha dichiarato all’HeraldNet (qui): “Liddi è un talento puro, non c’è nulla che non sappia fare. Non lo mandiamo in Major subito per una ragione molto chiara: ha solo 22 anni”.

Con la partita di venerdì è arrivato a 100 punti segnati, in tutta la storia dei Tacoma Rainiers è solo il sesto a riuscirci. Con quasi un mese ancora da giocare può diventare il recordman assoluto. Questa la lista:

Powell, Hosken 1977 107
Alou, Jesus 1963 102
Kusick, Craig 1973 102
Jones, Gary 1987 102
Raabe, Brian 1997 101
Liddi, Alex 2011 100

Lo dice Mike Curto nel suo blog

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Re: Liddi!!! 3 Homeruns!!!

Google translates this as... (which is only slightly easier to understand)

The day he made three fuoricampoVenerdì Alex Lydda Lydda beat three home runs, they know it all already

The Tacoma Rainiers were playing against the Albuquerque Isotopes (Los Angeles Dodgers), won 12-4, beat Alex 4 of 6 with three home runs, and 5 points beaten at home.

What you may not know:

The third home run, 8th inning with a 10-4 Tuisosopo the first, a line was late (!). If you do not believe there are pictures here.

Twitter fans (even those in Seattle) called Alex or Big Italian Stallion Italy.

Minors The site of the company has dedicated a piece to Alex.

The Seattle Times has given us a title.

After all the bitterness (here) of the various bloggers on the weak points of Alex (actually strike out the batter over the entire Pacific Coast League: 137), after which many hope his call to the Major of what is already occurred for many of its members in Tacoma, and after that many others hope not, responsible for all of the Seattle Mariners Minors, Pedro Grifola said all'HeraldNet (here): "Lydda and pure talent, there 'you do not know anything. Do not just send it to the Major for a very clear reason: it has only 22 years. "

With the game on Friday reached 100 points scored in the entire history of the Tacoma Rainiers is only the sixth to do so. With nearly a month left to play can be the absolute record holder. Here is the list:

Powell, Hosken 1977 107
Alou, Jesus 1963 102
Kusick, Craig 1973 102
Jones, Gary 1987 102
Raabe, Brian 1997 101
Lydda, Alex 2011 100

He says in his blog Mike Curto

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010

JoshHamilton said:
Rickzcards said:
Rickzcards said:
What the hell is wrong with you?
And by that I meant your posting in what I think is Italian, I think it is.

You forgot about Latino. It might be Latino
You should talk bro. You always point out how dumb people are on this thread. If you are so smart, maybe you should be bilingual.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010

TNP777 said:
Google translates this as... (which is only slightly easier to understand)

The day he made three fuoricampoVenerdì Alex Lydda Lydda beat three home runs, they know it all already

The Tacoma Rainiers were playing against the Albuquerque Isotopes (Los Angeles Dodgers), won 12-4, beat Alex 4 of 6 with three home runs, and 5 points beaten at home.

What you may not know:

The third home run, 8th inning with a 10-4 Tuisosopo the first, a line was late (!). If you do not believe there are pictures here.

Twitter fans (even those in Seattle) called Alex or Big Italian Stallion Italy.

Minors The site of the company has dedicated a piece to Alex.

The Seattle Times has given us a title.

After all the bitterness (here) of the various bloggers on the weak points of Alex (actually strike out the batter over the entire Pacific Coast League: 137), after which many hope his call to the Major of what is already occurred for many of its members in Tacoma, and after that many others hope not, responsible for all of the Seattle Mariners Minors, Pedro Grifola said all'HeraldNet (here): "Lydda and pure talent, there 'you do not know anything. Do not just send it to the Major for a very clear reason: it has only 22 years. "

With the game on Friday reached 100 points scored in the entire history of the Tacoma Rainiers is only the sixth to do so. With nearly a month left to play can be the absolute record holder. Here is the list:

Powell, Hosken 1977 107
Alou, Jesus 1963 102
Kusick, Craig 1973 102
Jones, Gary 1987 102
Raabe, Brian 1997 101
Lydda, Alex 2011 100

He says in his blog Mike Curto
Not a great translation, but it will do.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010

gmarutiak said:
I hope the nickname "Big Italian Stallion Italy" sticks. It's pretty catchy! :lol:
It is two different nicknames. 1 is Italian Stallion and the othr is Big Italy. Google translate combined the two.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA

elmalo said:
JoshHamilton said:
Rickzcards said:
Rickzcards said:

You should talk bro. You always point out how dumb people are on this thread. If you are so smart, maybe you should be bilingual.

Not defending anybody but if you really wanted to tout the players accomplishment, and not cause posts like the ones in this thread, then it would have served you better to post an abstract of the article so the rest of use who can't translate the article could understand it.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010

ronfromfresno said:
elmalo said:
JoshHamilton said:
Rickzcards said:
Rickzcards said:

Not defending anybody but if you really wanted to tout the players accomplishment, and not cause posts like the ones in this thread, then it would have served you better to post an abstract of the article so the rest of use who can't translate the article could understand it.
Good and rasonable point.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008

elmalo said:
ronfromfresno said:
elmalo said:
JoshHamilton said:
Rickzcards said:
[quote="Rickzcards":2izzaxxy]What the hell is wrong with you?

Good and rasonable point.[/quote:2izzaxxy]

Do you think you could do the rest of us a favor and shrink down the size of the photo in your sig? It would help.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

TomMurry said:
What was the purpose of posting this in something other than English?

Italian pride? ;)

Feat done at Isotopes Park - elev around 5,280 feet, 2nd highest minor league ballpark to colorado springs, IIRC.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008

Mozzie22 said:
elmalo said:
ronfromfresno said:
elmalo said:
JoshHamilton said:
[quote="Rickzcards":1lk7dvlk][quote="Rickzcards":1lk7dvlk]What the hell is wrong with you?

Good and rasonable point.[/quote:1lk7dvlk]

Do you think you could do the rest of us a favor and shrink down the size of the photo in your sig? It would help.[/quote:1lk7dvlk]

Dude what are you a Mod? I think the size of the photo is within the standards on the boards. I guess you like them small... :lol:

Members online

Latest posts