Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Patch help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aekdb535

Jun 26, 2010
I'm usually pretty cautious when I'm picking up patches...anyone think this may be altered:

FrankThomas1.jpg

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
Donruss the best as far as surprising you by placing a sweet patch swatch in a relatively high numbered insert set.
I remember pulling very nice swatches of Ripken and Arod from an early prestige product.
I'd say there's a very good chance it is real.
David

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Nope, it'd probably be a lot more obvious if it wasn't real. Like a logo, not a number or whatever that patch is.

Sweet card though, love early 2000-products.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'd have to say that it's probably legit as well. Like MacK said, usually faked patched have logos or other too-good-to-be-true patches. This one is relatively plain, though still a really nice card.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Early Studio had some nice patch pieces mixed in regular jersey cards. This was before they marked them "Prime" (2001-2003 mostly). They had these cards and Masterstrokes cards that would sometimes pop with nice patch swatches. Yours looks 100% real to me.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
At first I was 50/50 then I looked through my collection and saw a lot of similar donruss cards that I'd expect to be jersey or plain two color patch but they're actually a pretty sweet patch. I think this one is likely to be legit. Not a tag patch or some insane logo, go for it.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
aekdb535 said:
I'm usually pretty cautious when I'm picking up patches...anyone think this may be altered:

FrankThomas1.jpg

This should be numbered on the back maybe /75 (that's what the Henderson is). The regular edition was just Diamond Collection and was a jersey swatch. The Diamond Cut Collection was a patch/prime swatch. Yours looks 100% legit.

Members online

Latest posts