Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EBAY SALE - Buyer puts in offer then says card is fake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I recently put on some of my prized possessions from my card collection this past year. I have a 2001 Topps Reserve PSA/DNA Authenticated Autograph Albert Pujols which were if I remember correctly box toppers. Buyer sends offer, I accept it and here is his response. What should I do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AQ:US:1123

Sorry - I cannot purchase this card. I cannot find it in any catalog or online auction. It is probably a phony since it is not listed anywhere. I took a stab in the dark on the offer. You dropped the price $289.99 and this makes me suspicious. Thanks.

I can supply the USER NAME if he does not follow through so you can be awhere of this buyer.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Here's a scan from an old Beckett which may help (be sure to point out the prices reflect back to 2002 as it is from the July 2002 Beckett.)

6021887935_d2625b165d_z.jpg

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
It gets funnier per each email back to me. His quote is below.

"I do not have $500 - it was just an impulse bet to see if you would accept that much of a price cut! By the way, I DID NOT LIE!! WWJD??"

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Re: EBAY SALE - Beware of this Bidder

Ok so I told him that is Ok I will file an non-paying bidder and here is his last reply, I am done with this guy. kcnite44 is his user name

I have dealt with people like you before - go ahead and turn me into Ebay, I was going to quit using Ebay anyway just because of jerks just like you!!

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008

I am sorry, what did you do wrong?

brauny said:
Ok so I told him that is Ok I will file an non-paying bidder and here is his last reply, I am done with this guy. kcnite44 is his user name

I have dealt with people like you before - go ahead and turn me into Ebay, I was going to quit using Ebay anyway just because of jerks just like you!!

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
brauny said:
It gets funnier per each email back to me. His quote is below.

"I do not have $500 - it was just an impulse bet to see if you would accept that much of a price cut! By the way, I DID NOT LIE!! WWJD??"

Dude, give me a fking break. WWJD? How the hell you gonna bring religion into this...WWJD? He would probably tell you to fulfill your end of the bargain, you lying hypocrite.

(My mini-rant to that buyer guy...feel free to link him here :lol: )

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Yeah this buyer you all need to be aware of. He throws out an offer, I accept it, then says the card is fake, then retracts that and says it was an impulse buy and doesn't want the card cuz he doesn't have $500. What a waste of my time. Then he says he wants to quit because of sellers like me who have the right to file a NON-PAYING BIDDER complaint. How else could I have handled this differently? Maybe not accept his offer, but how am I supposed to know.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin

Huffamaniac said:
I am sorry, what did you do wrong?

brauny said:

I am filing a NON-PAYING BIDDER complaint with Ebay and he comes back with this above. Ughhh

At this point if I were you, I would just see if he would agree to cancel the transaction. You would get your fees back but I believe he won't be able to leave feedback on the transaction. If you file the non-paying bidder claim, he might be able to leave negative feedback. I could be wrong in my thinking so does anyone know the protocol? I'm not sure if ebay will remove the feedback if he leaves it. I know they are real finicky with feedback removal.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
It gets funnier, an email out of the blue from this guy. It goes....

"Try reading in your bible about finding fault in your brother, bearing false witness against your neighbor, and dealing with your neighbor in private, with other members of your church, and if all else fails, let the Lord Jesus Christ bear all your burdens. Slandering your neighbor is the work of the Devil! FORGET AND FORGIVE!!!!!!"

Members online

Latest posts