Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2000 bowman chrome question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
I have a 2000 bowman chrome "retro/duties" refractor. How rare are these,and is there an estimated print run

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
MOFNY said:
Do you have a scan? I think you mean retro/future refractor. Depending on the player, they can have nice value.

That is indeed what I meant. Damn autocorrect on my DROID..... player is Carl Crawford.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I have heard estimates that there are roughly 60 copies per, so kind of the equivalent of a gold refractor from other years (note that the regular refractors in the set have gold facsimile signatures and many, even the grading companies at times make the mistake and refer to them as gold ref's.) The retro-future refractors were 1:60 packs (while the regular refractors were 1:12 IIRC.)

For the big name rookies, these cards can be worth a decent amount (though prices are not too consistent, likely because they are pretty rare and also because many people do not realize how tough they are, and/or do not view them in the way they view most other tough Chrome parallels because the picture is different.)

On a guy like Crawford it is the type of card that would probably be pretty desirable to a set collector, though I would not think it would be worth all that much, though I am not an expert.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
I have heard estimates that there are roughly 60 copies per, so kind of the equivalent of a gold refractor from other years (note that the regular refractors in the set have gold facsimile signatures and many, even the grading companies at times make the mistake and refer to them as gold ref's.) The retro-future refractors were 1:60 packs (while the regular refractors were 1:12 IIRC.)

For the big name rookies, these cards can be worth a decent amount (though prices are not too consistent, likely because they are pretty rare and also because many people do not realize how tough they are, and/or do not view them in the way they view most other tough Chrome parallels because the picture is different.)

On a guy like Crawford it is the type of card that would probably be pretty desirable to a set collector, though I would not think it would be worth all that much, though I am not an expert.

I had an Alex Escobar RC Retro Ref

I think it sold for .99

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
benner73 said:
t_crabby95 said:
I have a 2000 bowman chrome "retro/duties" refractor. How rare are these,and is there an estimated print run
What do you want for it?
Not sure. Its graded a BGS 9. No scanner, but I can take a pic with my phone.

benner73

Aug 27, 2010
Houston
t_crabby95 said:
benner73 said:
[quote="t_crabby95":2qnjctg5]I have a 2000 bowman chrome "retro/duties" refractor. How rare are these,and is there an estimated print run
What do you want for it?
Not sure. Its graded a BGS 9. No scanner, but I can take a pic with my phone.[/quote:2qnjctg5]

Who do you collect?

Members online

Latest posts