Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Post FCB Nationals thread/review/chat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys I got back last night. I had a blast. I would like to thank Chris Gilmore for putting an amazing weekend together. You treat your staff/members like family and I wanted to publicly thank you for what you did. Your generosity is astounding and refreshing. I am not sure people realize what a pain staking chore it is planning a National like you did. I hope all the staff and members had as good of a time then I did.

Phillyfan needs to be singled out by Phil ASM and I for really being a class act. You hooked us up the entire time we were there and none of us will forget how selfless you were. Philly is no small dude but can rope the crap on the fast pitch machine at the cages. Phil and I were seriously impressed he looked like Gwynn out there. Ropes to all fields.

Skrip who showed us the finer points of Chicago skripstyle. We had some of the hardest laughs I have had in quite sometime. That was epic. 10 years my brother and we finally got to chill. You and Phil are like family man.

Phil all I did was laugh all weekend nuff said.

ASM for his comedic value, negotiating skills and his numerous rounds for the boys. I could not have picked a better travel partner

Eric tbp scored a tthe nats and his pictures of his pickups will numb your mind. You killed it Eric. Always cool to chat with ya brother.

it was really nice meeting Muskie/Mox/Blann/Wes/Gell/Bou you guys are all good people and I had fun chatting/hanging with all of you.

As for the Nats it was my second. The crowds were a little less then I expected but still good. There were a ton of window shoppers interested in everything and not willing to seal the deal. I did meet alot of dealers whos name I recognized and it was nice putting a face with a name. There was a ton of prospect stuff more then I though there would be. If you were a box diver this was the palce to score. I am not a huge fan of diving (time constraints) but if you did you cleaned up. There were great opportunities to buy so anytime your not selling as much as you should buy buy buy.

Nice to see JVC/Randy Shields (might be the nicest guy in the hobby) and Lisu. They had some serious setups as always. There were a ton of board members there Junior Griffey, Pine Tar, All the Hype and Aminors (great guys) Aaron, and everyone else and especially the Colonel because w/o guys like him this hobby would die out.

We all tried to chat with the guys who couldnt be here guys like mojodan,jedi,miggy who were on all the time it felt like you guys were chilling with us.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Joe it was great to meet you, and to deal a little. You're absolutely right that Gilmo deserves a shout out for his efforts in putting all this together. The board get together on Thursday night was very fun, with great food and great giveaways. I was astounded when I saw all the door prizes that were available. Great job Chris in getting everything together so smooth.

It was a blast meeting everyone from the boards, and getting to sit down with I think 13 others at Gibson's for dinner on Wednesday night. That piece of cake was huge!

I won't be able to make it to Baltimore next year but I'll be back in Chicago in 2013 and 2015!

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Hey it was great meeting you and the rest of the guys (even if I did call Blanning Chris!). Hopefully next year I will have more time to hang out and get to know everyone better. Its nice to actually put faces to FCB id's.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Joe
I would like to say everything you added here is spot one. The group is a great bunch and I too had a great time meeting and hanging out with everyone. You sir had some amazing stuff to bad you could not have come home a little lighter in the card department and a little bit heavier in the wallet. But from want I seen you eat this weekend you may just me a little heavier :lol:

Thanks for taking that card off my hands for me :lol: I'm glad we could make that deal.

asmsportscards

Aug 16, 2008
Wes said:
jcmint said:
There were a ton of board members there Junior Griffey, Pine Tar, All the Hype and Aminors (great guys) Aaron, and everyone else and especially the Colonel because w/o guys like him this hobby would die out.
Never forget this.
+1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
have have tons of used toploaders ready to ship out!!!!!!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
It was awesome on the other end watching guys like Skrip, Gilmore, Joe, and everyone else on ustream showing their crap off :lol: and reading the stories and seeing the scans/pics.

I hope to be at the 2013's when I am a little older/more mature.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
TBTwinsFan said:
It was awesome on the other end watching guys like Skrip, Gilmore, Joe, and everyone else on ustream showing their crap off :lol: and reading the stories and seeing the scans/pics.

The old part is right but the mature part.....well maybe :lol: lol hope to see you in 2013 then

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Pine Tar said:
TBTwinsFan said:

The old part is right but the mature part.....well maybe :lol: lol hope to see you in 2013 then

:lol: I'm trying! :D

Hope to see you there too. Should be a fun time.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Joe, you summed it up right man. No reason to get gushy but we have a really unique/cool community here and those who have said its like family hit what the weekend felt like right on the head.

Gilmo deserves major props for getting the whole thing together and I'm with Joe too - major shout out to Phillyfan for hooking us out of towners (who wound up not at the beautiful downtown Baymont) up with rides all weekend - we didn't even have to ask - he volunteered!

Had a riot rooming with Joe and ASM and hanging out with everyone else and I completely agree with Joe and Wes on what's below.

Wes said:
jcmint said:
There were a ton of board members there Junior Griffey, Pine Tar, All the Hype and Aminors (great guys) Aaron, and everyone else and especially the Colonel because w/o guys like him this hobby would die out.
Never forget this.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Joe, you're spot on, brother. I had a great time meeting and getting to know the staff members. You're all A+ in my book and it was truly a pleasure.

It was great to get to meet and get to know the board members as well. Finally being able to put faces with screen names is nice. So many great board members. Combine the two and that's why FCB is the best message board out there, period.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
asmsportscards said:
Wes said:
jcmint said:
Never forget this.
+1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
have have tons of used toploaders ready to ship out!!!!!!

Dude, ship em brotha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
____You guys hit the nail on the head. What a great time. It was awesome hanging out with everyone. I have to give a couple shout-outs real quick.

BG/Leaf - Great generosity at the FCB get together. I LOVED my FREE Leaf product (verlander blue ref auto!)

Gilmore - Chris, it was great getting to spend some time with you bud. Had an awesome time and you really put on a high class show. And thanks for the mini sausages

ASM - Damn you are hilarious bud! You were cracking me up the whole damn time. Looking forward to New York next year

Joe and Phil - You guys are the best, loved hanging out with you. Joe, finally after 10 freaking years!!!!

All of the other mods/members - I could write on and on singling out each guy, but the easiest thing to do is say that it was damn awesome! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Looking forward to the next time

Oh, and CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK

skrip

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Only got to stop by the booth for a minute or two as I was doing the whole show in a day, but it was great to put some faces to some names.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
masonphillip said:
Joe, you summed it up right man. No reason to get gushy but we have a really unique/cool community here and those who have said its like family hit what the weekend felt like right on the head.

Gilmo deserves major props for getting the whole thing together and I'm with Joe too - major shout out to Phillyfan for hooking us out of towners (who wound up not at the beautiful downtown Baymont) up with rides all weekend - we didn't even have to ask - he volunteered!

Had a riot rooming with Joe and ASM and hanging out with everyone else and I completely agree with Joe and Wes on what's below.

Wes said:
jcmint said:
Never forget this.

I mean it when i say it was my pleasure gentlemen! I had gotten to know Phil a little at the Sun Times show and then getting to see you three at this show made it all the better. Wont have a car in Baltimore but I figure we'lll still manage to get around!

Phil, still sore have the deep down laughter on the Vomitmobile!

:lol:

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
Thanks to everyone who gave me rides all weekend, it was nice hanging out with everyone for sure!

Joe, your collection is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Just want to say that.

Gilmore - thanks for putting me up all weekend and for the awesome party on thursday night. Had a great time.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I do have video of gilmo in the cages. My man got in the fast pitch and was drilling the ball. Tim too, who would have thunk it huh. These boys cam ball man.

lisu said:
Batting cages?! I would have totally gone to the batting cages.

Anyways, it was a blast, and hope to see everyone in Baltimore. :)

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
jcmint said:
I do have video of gilmo in the cages. My man got in the fast pitch and was drilling the ball. Tim too, who would have thunk it huh. These boys cam ball man.

lisu said:
Batting cages?! I would have totally gone to the batting cages.

Anyways, it was a blast, and hope to see everyone in Baltimore. :)

Next time there are batting cages, I want to go! Wes wanted to see if I could hit his pitching. I bet him that I could. ;)

Members online

Latest posts