Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Advice on best way to preserve Sports related Newspapers....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
If anyone has any tips on how to prevent yellowing of newspapers I would appreciate the advice. I have a few World Series, Political related/Super Bowl newspapers that I would like to keep as nice as possible.

Thanks in advance guys.

elainebenice

Dec 1, 2009
Alabama
ronfromfresno said:
I've bought several different newspaper bags and other holder from these guys.

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/

you beat me to it with this link.... :)

I have 1000's of old newspapers, the oldest being pre-civil war, and this the best site I've found for storage/archive supplies for anything you may collect, not just newspapers. I'm a collector (I am NOT a hoarder, I am NOT a hoarder) of many things and they seem to have almost anything I need for any of my "collections" lol. The main thing to remember with newspapers (or any other paper document really) is everything that may come in contact with the paper must be acid-free. With newspapers, you also really want to get them in some sort of Poly plastic sleeve as soon as possible b/c they deteriorate so quickly. You want to avoid ANY type of PVC bags b/c they will actually speed the deterioration process. The good thing about buying from a site like bagsunlimited is that you can always be sure you are getting the proper type of bag b/c believe it or not you will find items made from PVC for sale in frame shops and other stores, and the normal person would assume a frame shop wouldn't sell you something that will eat away your picture or document, but that's exactly what those will do.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I put my 9/11 NY newspapers in plastic and they look good. I have hundreds of them.

Latest posts