Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I know it's a long shot, anyone on here win this auction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
1992 Oklahoma State Team Issued Set
[ebay:3by7kn9v]180704960834[/ebay:3by7kn9v]

Looks like I lost out on the Oklahoma State team set, my bid in the last minute didn't go through for some reason. I'm a huge Jay Canizaro collector, I own about 7 game used jerseys of his, about 15 game used bats and I only need two more cards to complete my collection of Jay. One of the cards I'm still looking for is the Oklahoma State card, I've been looking for one for 13 years now and this is the first one I have ever come across. So I was hoping that I could get ahold of the buyer and see if he's willing to sell the Canizaro to me. I'm willing to pay $30 for the set, heck even $20 for the Canizaro card itself, and more if there is a team shot card in the set.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Ron

Link to my Canizaro card collection, jerseys, bats and other stuff in the links to the right,
http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii14 ... 0PC/Cards/

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I contacted the seller and he's unwilling to pass along any info to the seller asking about the card so it seems my options are feedback and hopefully someone on here was the one who beat me out on the set.

Or maybe I'll get lucky and someone owns the set and wants to sell.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
are you sure its for the whole set? The way I read it its just for the brandow card, of course I am probably wrong. I am from oklahoma and will be attending a show this saturday and I know a couple of guys there have OSU stuff so I will see if I can find anything. I will have to look while no one else is around, cause if i get caught looking for OSU stuff I am dead. LOL. BOOMER!

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
383astro said:
are you sure its for the whole set? The way I read it its just for the brandow card, of course I am probably wrong. I am from oklahoma and will be attending a show this saturday and I know a couple of guys there have OSU stuff so I will see if I can find anything. I will have to look while no one else is around, cause if i get caught looking for OSU stuff I am dead. LOL. BOOMER!

I made sure to check with the seller twice to ensure it was for the whole set, actually it was the first time I had seen any cards from the set. I would very much appreciate any help in locating the set or card. Thanks ever so much for risking your hide. :lol:

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Did you bid on it? If so, advance search yourself and you'll see who the winner is.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
bear0555 said:
Did you bid on it? If so, advance search yourself and you'll see who the winner is.

Thanks for the advice, I normally have to wait a couple of week for feedback to be left.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
383astro said:
whats the other card you are looking for?

The other card is

1998 Shreveport Captains WK-Sports Care(Sponsor) card, I'm not positive this one exists. I think it looks like this one which is a 1998 Shreveport Captains Multi-Ad(Sponsor) card:

1998ShreveportCaptainsMulti-Ad.jpg

Of course I convinced the Oklahoma State card didn't exists until earlier this morning.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
One last bump to see if anyone here was the winner of if anyone might have one of the cards I still need.

Thanks for any info and thanks for keeping an eye out 383astro

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I didnt find these at the show but I looked up some phone numbers and got them from an old contact. He said he had over 100 of these sets sitting in a monster box. I made a deal with him for these and some other stuff. I know it took awhile but they finally arrived today. Just thought I would show you that I have them in hand and will try to get them out to you Monday or Tuesday. I told him "no hurry, just whenever" and I guess he took that literally. Anyway, for your enjoyment.

HPIM3307.jpg

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
383astro said:
I didnt find these at the show but I looked up some phone numbers and got them from an old contact. He said he had over 100 of these sets sitting in a monster box. I made a deal with him for these and some other stuff. I know it took awhile but they finally arrived today. Just thought I would show you that I have them in hand and will try to get them out to you Monday or Tuesday. I told him "no hurry, just whenever" and I guess he took that literally. Anyway, for your enjoyment.

HPIM3307.jpg

The power of FCB!

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
383astro, Thank You ever so much for all of the extra work you went through to help track down one of my White Whales. I truly, truly appreciate it. I've been looking for that card since 1998, 13 years, and I was convinced it didn't exist. And to find out a dealer out there had a ton of them just sitting around is a bit hillarious to me. Let me know what you need for the cards and your time and again THANK YOU!!!

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
awesome end to the story! its amazing the power of the internet even when many dealers still haven't even tapped into its potential. Nice to see what one dealer probably thought of as junk end up in the hands of someone really looking for it. way to go 383castro!

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
The bad news?...the sets are in Cuba.

J/K...keep us posted on the acquisition of the set. If it's that rare a scan is a must.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
383astro said:
ronfromfresno said:
Let me know what you need for the cards and your time and again THANK YOU!!!

I think we can start here

http://youtu.be/cf7uJDhVZIE

I can I make installment payment? :lol: But in reality right now those card mean that much to me. Funny how this hobby works, a card that most wouldn't pay 5 cents for means the world to another collector. Now I just need to the last card to complete the Beckett list.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
The other card is

1998 Shreveport Captains WK-Sports Care(Sponsor) card, I'm not positive this one exists. I think it looks like this one which is a 1998 Shreveport Captains Multi-Ad(Sponsor) card:

1998ShreveportCaptainsMulti-Ad.jpg

I just realized I own the jersey Canizaro is wearing on the card.....I've had the card since 1998 and the jersey since 1999 and never realized it. ::facepalm::

1997ShreveportHome2.jpg

Members online