Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Detroit vs. Cleveland 08/09 to 08/11 Series Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
The first game is just getting restarted after the long rain delay. 2-2 starting the third inning. Go Tigers!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
wooo. go tribe. i stayed up way too late, and then fell asleep in the 12th.

These next couple games are looking grim. Porcello and Verlander.

Hopefully tonight Ubaldo can pitch like the Ubaldo of early 2010 instead of the actual Ubaldo. And tomorrow night we'll see the 2007 version of Carmona. I don't see how that's going to work out though. :?

meh. go tribe.

:lol:

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
I just got home a half hour ago. I saw the score was 9-3 in favor of the Indians. I decided someone in my house should be happy so I let my son watch Phineas and Ferb instead of the game.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
archiebunkerjr said:
I just got home a half hour ago. I saw the score was 9-3 in favor of the Indians. I decided someone in my house should be happy so I let my son watch Phineas and Ferb instead of the game.

You didn't miss much. Absolutely pitiful game to watch for Tigers fans. Good thing we have JV throwing tomorrow..getting swept by the 2nd place team in the midst of a division race isn't exactly what we need.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
archiebunkerjr said:

This is exactly what it takes to miss a stellar comeback. I can't tell you how many times I've been tempted to turn off the game in disgust only to have the Tribe come back and win in dramatic fashion. So come on man, you've gotta keep your team on! Even if they are from the city with the least redeeming qualities in the US...

dreamerfan

Aug 10, 2008
Rochester,Mi
just sick how these guys are playing for the tigers. I hope someone steps up and plays like a beast and that name not being Verlander. What happened to Boesch? I saw him leave in what was the second?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
dreamerfan said:
just sick how these guys are playing for the tigers. I hope someone steps up and plays like a beast and that name not being Verlander. What happened to Boesch? I saw him leave in what was the second?

Minor thumb injury from swinging late last night. Apparently he says he does it about once a year but it's nothing too serious I don't think.

dreamerfan

Aug 10, 2008
Rochester,Mi
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
dreamerfan said:

Minor thumb injury from swinging late last night. Apparently he says he does it about once a year but it's nothing too serious I don't think.

Either him or Miggy needs to start bashing as I do not see others stepping up. What was going on with the lineup today? Did we just decide again to empty the bench and rest the starters again??? I do not understand Leyland but I still want him as my manager of the toothless tigers.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
dreamerfan said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
dreamerfan said:

Either him or Miggy needs to start bashing as I do not see others stepping up. What was going on with the lineup today? Did we just decide again to empty the bench and rest the starters again??? I do not understand Leyland but I still want him as my manager of the toothless tigers.

Basically. He claimed it was because of the 14 inning game last night, but this is the pennant race. The Indians starters were all out there today and they all played 14 innings last night too. Oh and they beat the living piss out of the Tigers today, because they apparently want to win the division.

I'm so sick and tired of Leyland, I can't believe they gave him yet another extension. With the team he has, they should be playing better than .520 baseball.

dreamerfan

Aug 10, 2008
Rochester,Mi
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
dreamerfan said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":ypdsxesn]
dreamerfan said:

Basically. He claimed it was because of the 14 inning game last night, but this is the pennant race. The Indians starters were all out there today and they all played 14 innings last night too. Oh and they beat the living piss out of the Tigers today, because they apparently want to win the division.

I'm so sick and tired of Leyland, I can't believe they gave him yet another extension. With the team he has, they should be playing better than .520 baseball.[/quote:ypdsxesn]

You have been thanked. If not leyland then who? Lloyd McClendon? There is nothing out there. They should be running away with this not back sliding to let the indians catch them

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
dreamerfan said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
dreamerfan said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":3csxg11j]
dreamerfan said:

I'm so sick and tired of Leyland, I can't believe they gave him yet another extension. With the team he has, they should be playing better than .520 baseball.

You have been thanked. If not leyland then who? Lloyd McClendon? There is nothing out there. They should be running away with this not back sliding to let the indians catch them[/quote:3csxg11j]

Darn it, dreamer. You just made me choke on my drink. Leyland-McClendon-LaMont have to go. They are all one and the same. While I am at it, get rid of Magglio, Inge and Guillen as well.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
dreamerfan said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":3sbpkgcb]
dreamerfan said:

I'm so sick and tired of Leyland, I can't believe they gave him yet another extension. With the team he has, they should be playing better than .520 baseball.[/quote:3sbpkgcb]

Leyland is seriously one of the worst managers in baseball.

I could go on and on, but yeah-the guy is in way over his head. Stubborn old fracking man, who really knows how to over-manage a team. He ought to write a book on how to over-manage.

-Sitting star players because they "need rest", yet we have collapsed in the 2nd half how many times under Jimmy smokes? In LA earlier this year, he sits Cabrera in the last game of a series, for rest, when we have the next fracking day off.

-Here have been our 3 hole hitters this year: Boesch, Maggs, Dirks, Raburn, Don Kelly. Are you serious? I think that is enough said on that.

-We have 2 All Stars batting 7th and 8th in our lineup. Alex freaking Avila is batting 8th, and started the freaking All Star game for crying out loud. Yet Carlos Guillen(washed up, playing like garbage) and Ryan Raburn(runs into a few long balls, but is a .230ish hitter) bat in front of 2 All Stars.

-Leyland has some kind of fetish with horrible left handed relievers: David Purcey and Brad Thomas, to name a few. These 2 have no business being on a big league roster, let alone pitching when the Tigers are in a tie game or leading by a slim margin. Yet, Jim continues to defy logic by allowing these guys to cost us games.

It's really sad when you sit down and think about it. The only thing Jim is doing in Detroit is making the Tigers synonymous with 2nd half collapse.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Leyland is the worst. Literally no team sits starting players so often. Basically every night at least one starter is on the bench. Then you have nights where half the starting team is resting. Why? For the most part the team is really young. It's not like they need it. Also, the lineup order is terrible as well. It should be this:

Jackson
Boesch
Cabrera
Martinez
Peralta
Avila
Guillen
Betemit
Dirks/Raburn/Kelly/Ordonez

For most of the season the Dirks/Raburn/Kelly/Ordonez group has been hitting 3rd. There is no way any other team in the central would only be 2 games up with the Tigers lineup. I guarantee if the White Sox had the hitters the Tigers have they would be 8+ games in first.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
nborton said:
Leyland is the worst. Literally no team sits starting players so often. Basically every night at least one starter is on the bench. Then you have nights where half the starting team is resting. Why? For the most part the team is really young. It's not like they need it. Also, the lineup order is terrible as well. It should be this:

Jackson
Boesch
Cabrera
Martinez
Peralta
Avila
Guillen
Betemit
Dirks/Raburn/Kelly/Ordonez

For most of the season the Dirks/Raburn/Kelly/Ordonez group has been hitting 3rd. There is no way any other team in the central would only be 2 games up with the Tigers lineup. I guarantee if the White Sox had the hitters the Tigers have they would be 8+ games in first.

If the Indians dont have there major injuries we are in control of this division.And the last few weeks with our bullpen losing games for us and this team doesnt complain or give up.The Tigers are going to have to start winning some of these games with us are they are toast.I agee with Leyland,i shook my head all year at some of his moves against the Indians.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Maybe he'll decide to rest Verlander tonight?

One can hope!

Of course, the Tribe looked so great against Porcello, maybe they have a chance. And every pitcher has a bad game once in a while...

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
RL24 said:
Maybe he'll decide to rest Verlander tonight?

One can hope!

Of course, the Tribe looked so great against Porcello, maybe they have a chance. And every pitcher has a bad game once in a while...

LOL it's sad because that's the kind of idiotic crap Leyland would do.

To nborton and hail2thevictors, I couldn't agree more. What he's doing makes absolutely no sense.

Staff online

Latest posts