Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Allen & Ginter David Price "Rainbow" Progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Each year I chase down as many different DP A&G variations as I can. In the past this quest has taken quite some time, and I have yet to complete the 2009 set missing both wood minis, but not this year. This year the rare cards have been the first to pop up and the first that I've acquired.

I just recently purchased the more common cards: the mini, mini A&G back, mini black and N43 and already have the below cards in hand.... craziness.

Still looking for a framed mini plate, but am sure one will pop up soon since there are 4 of them.

Now that I've narrowed my collection to mostly DP, I really enjoy chasing A&G each year.

Has anyone had a similar experience where you plan on a project taking considerably longer than it has or completed your project in a freakishly quick manner?

I'm sure I've jinxed myself now and I won't ever see a '11 mini plate! lol

Sorry for the large scans:

base
ScannedImage112210005.jpg

hometown heroes
ScannedImage112210014.jpg

code
ScannedImage112210010.jpg

no number mini
ScannedImage112210013.jpg

bazooka back mini #/25
ScannedImage112210006.jpg

rip card (ripped) #/25
ScannedImage112210011.jpg

another rip card (ripped) #/25
ScannedImage112210007.jpg

silk framed mini #/10
ScannedImage112210012.jpg

topps blank back 1/1
ScannedImage112210015.jpg

ScannedImage112210016.jpg

wood mini 1/1
ScannedImage112210008.jpg

ScannedImage112210009.jpg

Thanks for the look guys/gals.

Casey

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
good thing he didn't have a rip card numbered to 10, that would of gone for more than the 1/1....congrats!

Kevin

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
schmidtfan20 said:
good thing he didn't have a rip card numbered to 10, that would of gone for more than the 1/1....congrats!

Kevin
Thanks. I purchased both of mine already ripped, but would like to add an unripped version to my collection as well. I was able to pick up mine for $25 off ebay and $9.99 BIN.

The first two copies of this card that were sold unripped went for $200+ and $100. I'm disappointed that I missed one recently that went for $61.

Casey

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Casey, good to see you're still keeping up with Price's AG stuff. Hope you're doing well, my friend. Great pickups as always.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
PujolsCollector said:
I refuse to consider blank backs part of a rainbow. Those are manufactured overpriced 1/1 cards.

Good for you. Nobody asked.

Nice work on putting those Prices together, and congrats on landing that Wood 1/1!

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Re: 2011 Allen & Ginter David Price "Rainbow" Progress

Thanks for the comments guys, building the A&G set is one of the aspects of collecting I really enjoy each year... hopefully DP will have an auto next year.

I refuse to consider blank backs part of a rainbow. Those are manufactured overpriced 1/1 cards.

I understand your point, but for the price I've been able to pick up the blank backs I own (5 or 6), I'm very satisfied.

Casey

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Derek2011 said:
PujolsCollector said:

Aren't ALL cards "manufactured"?
What I am say is they are not packed out so then only the person who has enough money to buy it can get it, i have tried about 5 times to get the Descalso ones for some reason people always run it up high 30s and they are just not worth it.
Slette said:
PujolsCollector said:

Nice work on putting those Prices together, and congrats on landing that Wood 1/1!
Suck It, No one cares about what you have to say.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
PujolsCollector said:
Derek2011 said:
PujolsCollector said:

What I am say is they are not packed out so then only the person who has enough money to buy it can get it, i have tried about 5 times to get the Descalso ones for some reason people always run it up high 30s and they are just not worth it.
Slette said:
PujolsCollector said:

So you are upset at those people who bid against you, not the card or Topps?

Plus Slette made a point, if you dont like certain cards in a collection that is fine but why piss on someone parade?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
George_Calfas said:
PujolsCollector said:
Derek2011 said:
PujolsCollector said:

Slette said:
PujolsCollector said:

So you are upset at those people who bid against you, not the card or Topps?

Plus Slette made a point, if you dont like certain cards in a collection that is fine but why piss on someone parade?
No I could care less about losing, they are kind of stupid when you think about it. I was'nt saying nothing bad about his collection. He has the wood mini so hes pretty much got the rainbow the rest of them are easy to get. Printing plate shoul'nt really be part of a rainbow either.
I did'nt ask Slette to crtique what I said in a post, if he dont like it he can be a crybaby about it I could care less.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I probably could have phrased what I said better. I am missing the part where I was a crybaby, though.

Don't want this thread de-railed, though. Good luck on the rest of the Price A&G run!

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Slette said:
I probably could have phrased what I said better. I am missing the part where I was a crybaby, though.

Don't want this thread de-railed, though. Good luck on the rest of the Price A&G run!
Ok. No hard feelings or nothing its the internet who cares. Why are we all arguing over someones opinion? Crybaby part was it just sounded like you were bitching at me about what I had posted so I kind of took it as you complaining about it. Like I said no hard feelings or anything I understand what you are saying. My post would have made more sense if it wasnt typed at 3:30 in the morning when I was about half asleep.

Members online

Latest posts