Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What a pleasant sale on my Leaf Metal Pete Rose promo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I was at the Leaf booth watching the Shoeless Joe cut auto being given away and Leaf was handing out sealed envelopes with promo cards in them. I was lucky enough to pull a Blue Pete Rose /25 out of mine. Looked on Ebay and saw they were bringing $35-$40 so i was like sweet and listed mine $65 BIn/BO since its 1/25. Got a nice offer of $50 today and took it. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well these are selling. They are nice cards.

$(KGrHqIOKm8E4TJJoLgJBOQiMdC0F!~~0_12.jpg

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Nice sale Mox. Where are all the Leaf haters now?

Did Leaf have any other Rose cards for that set on display at their booth? Any signed versions on display.

Is Gilmore corporate video of all the displays ever gonna be shown?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
matchpenalty said:
Nice sale Mox. Where are all the Leaf haters now?

Did Leaf have any other Rose cards for that set on display at their booth? Any signed versions on display.

Is Gilmore corporate video of all the displays ever gonna be shown?

I didnt notice any but honestly didnt look that hard. This is the only video i know of.

http://www.youtube.com/user/freedomcardboardcom#p/u

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Ha, I gave my Nolan Ryan leaf metal promo to Bouwob for his collection and then i see sales like this [phil:3k4bznne]380360695717[/phil:3k4bznne] - pretty sure mine was prismatic too!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
2011 Leaf National Metal Preview Packs

- Each pack contains one Metal Promo card from a 5-card set including Vince Lombardi, Nolan Ryan, Cam Newton, Pete Rose and Muhammad Ali (all #/300). Also, look for prismatic blue, red and superprismatic parallels randomly inserted.

- Customers had to open a sealed box of 2011 Leaf to get one pack.

If this is the pack, I think I might just do it.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
All In Cards said:
2011 Leaf National Metal Preview Packs

- Each pack contains one Metal Promo card from a 5-card set including Vince Lombardi, Nolan Ryan, Cam Newton, Pete Rose and Muhammad Ali (all #/300). Also, look for prismatic blue, red and superprismatic parallels randomly inserted.

- Customers had to open a sealed box of 2011 Leaf to get one pack.

If this is the pack, I think I might just do it.

That is the pack... BG

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
moxacaine said:
I was at the Leaf booth watching the Shoeless Joe cut auto being given away and Leaf was handing out sealed envelopes with promo cards in them. I was lucky enough to pull a Blue Pete Rose /25 out of mine. Looked on Ebay and saw they were bringing $35-$40 so i was like sweet and listed mine $65 BIn/BO since its 1/25. Got a nice offer of $50 today and took it. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well these are selling. They are nice cards.

$(KGrHqIOKm8E4TJJoLgJBOQiMdC0F!~~0_12.jpg

With all due respect to BG and leaf...I got a promo of this very Rose card....just the regular card....and I found the card to be, well, ugly! I just dont know if its the photo or the design but the regular card was in my opinion not very appealing. I am not a normal BG and Leaf hater so dont lump me into that group but I do hope the rest of the set looks better than this card.

Brian, please dont take my comments wrong because I do respect the effort you are putting into producing a quality product but the promo card I received just didnt leave a good impression on me.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
With these sales, easy to see the Leaf Rose product is gonna be a nice seller. Can't wait to see those inscription autos Rose has signed for it. BG you get any Pete and Re -Peat to sign some duals for it?

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Doing a little more looking on these cards:

Lombardi - [phil:d0ng26a8]140589646128[/phil:d0ng26a8] - cheaper of the bunch
Newton - [phil:d0ng26a8]230657592786[/phil:d0ng26a8] - no sales yet
Rose - [phil:d0ng26a8]220826478861[/phil:d0ng26a8] - selling very nicely
Ryan - [phil:d0ng26a8]380360526445[/phil:d0ng26a8] - also selling very nicely
Ali - [phil]220825397084[/phi] - few sales thus far but will sell well i'm sure.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Pine Tar said:
Wow really your dumping you freebies you got from the National :lol:
I just gave mine a way for the most part ::facepalm::

I tried giving it to Joe since he collects reds but he didn't want it.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Junior Griffey said:
Sure why not? I gave away my fair share of stuff at the show, but I've got bills, man! :)

I think it is beautiful. You pay for some of your national expense by selling the promo stuff...I just love it, well played Dustan!

Latest posts