Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards you think will be worth twice as much in a year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Just for fun. Let's see some cards you own that you think have some potential.

Current Value: ~$15
What it would take: Verlander just has to keep doing what he's doing. He's had an amazing season and if he repeats next year, his cards will continue to rise in value.
VerlanderBaseRef2.jpg

Current Value: ~$40-$60
What it would take: Parker may already be a good value buy, but he should be nearing his Major League debut, if he hasn't already made it by 8/12. He's also a guy who may jump up prospect lists this offseason, as more and more of the top dogs are promoted to the big leagues.
ParkerBlueAU76-2.jpg

Current Value: ~$150-$180
What it would take: He has been solid in his first year of pro ball but perhaps not as dominant as some people anticipated. Next year he should have a longer leash which may allow him to settle in a little better and his card prices should see some movement as result.
TaillonGold.jpg

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I'm hoping all of my Daniel Hudson cards. Also, Zimmerman might get more attention considering Strasburg will be back. I would be willing to bet his inexpensive Bowman Chrome autographs would double. Also, Robert Erlin 2010 Bowman Chrome autos.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
You guys and your dead pool guesses are creeping me out :)

Mat Gamel, a year from now, looking to be the starting 1st for Milwaukee, has all kinds of potential to double. His stuff isn't worth that much now, so double isn't even that impressive.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
The first thing I thought before I opened this thread was that I hoped Taillon would cause I am disappoint so far.

Otherwise, I'm going with Profar and Dustin Ackley

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Mayblue2.png
Current value-$20ish. Strikes out too many people for that to stay. One-card guy.

AckleyChrome2.png
Current value-$40ish. A star. Putting up great numbers as a second baseman. Why haven't prices Gordon Beckham-ed?

Sanchezblue.jpg

Current value-$90ish. Huge potential and untapped raw power (until this past 10-15 days). As his potential becomes more realized, this card will also realize its potential.

Marisnickblueaspauto.png
Current value-$20ish. When are people going to realize how good this guy is? Until then, more for me I guess.

ElToroloco

Oct 30, 2009
I already see a lot of high prices on the Chrome Autos. One would think Tim Lincecum's Chrome would be the high end for any pitcher. The high price point for any hitter(besides Harper) would be Ryan Braun's or Evan Longoria's? Rookie cards that are $15 or under are likely to double more often than the already expensive stuff.

e.v.

Jan 23, 2011
Gerrit cole anyone ? No one seems to talk about him even though he was just the #1 pick and is compared to strasburg

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Top 10 prospect.....#1 caliber stuff, yet 1/2 the price of shely miller

martinperezorangeua.jpg

In my opinion the best catching prospect in baseball and very cheap
devinmesoracogold95.jpg

This dude is an absolute monster. Coming off of knee surgery, he is still gonna hit 25 homeruns wwith 90 RBI. You might not like his average this year, but look at his OBP, 115 points higher than his BA. Dude will be a .300 30-100 guy without ANY DOUBT.
carlossantanarefauto483.jpg

I also agree with Jarrod Parker 100%. Dude is a stud and is extremely cheap.

skrip

Phishmon23

Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA
I think Verlander is a good pick. His stuff is definitely still relatively cheap. He has clearly established himself as a top 5 pitcher in MLB this year and he is only going to get better and/or more consistent.

-J

Members online

Latest posts