Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Inception - 2 Boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Base:
Eli Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Chris Cooley
Tony Gonzalez
Revis /209
Fitzgerald /209
Green-Ellis /106
J. Stewart /106

Jumbo Jerseys:
Mallett /158
Pettis /158

Auto:
Greg Little /800
Vincent Brown /900

Patch Auto:
Jordan Todman /599 4-clr

Silver Ink Auto:
Greg Little /25

I broke two boxes and UW91 broke 3. There are lots of high numbered blue ink autos (UW pulled 2 blue ink Pettis'), and the patch autos look amazing, with even some of the higher numbers having 3-4 colors. I think the silver ink autos may be case hits, as we only saw one out of the 5 boxes that were opened. Another guy bought two boxes and pulled 2 patch autos from each of his boxes, including 2 Baldwin patch autos, one to 50 and the other to 25. Wheeler or Tim, if you want his info I have it for you.

I'll try and get some pictures added later tonight.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Damn, why couldn't you have pulled the 2 Baldwins? I'm actually going to hold off for now and wait for them to cool off before picking one up.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
mstng99tim said:
Damn, why couldn't you have pulled the 2 Baldwins? I'm actually going to hold off for now and wait for them to cool off before picking one up.

Yeah, they are amazing looking cards too. One grey, one green, both with amazing 3-clr patches... Both UW91 and I were a little sick after seeing what he opened when compared to our boxes.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
The scans:

PettisPatch.jpg

MallettPatch.jpg

LittleBlueAuto.jpg

BrownAuto.jpg

TodmanPatchAuto.jpg

LittleSilverAuto.jpg

Once the product settles down a bit, I think those relic cards would make great in person or TTM autos. There's a patch version with a smaller relic window that would be perfect for a silver ink autograph.

mortz93

May 26, 2009
I was hoping for some Ponders :(

probably would not buy boxes like i thought i should have and stick to singles

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
mortz93 said:
I was hoping for some Ponders :(

probably would not buy boxes like i thought i should have and stick to singles

Yeah, the boxes are really hit or miss. There are some high numbered lesser named auto cards (#'d up to 900!) that are pretty prevalent, not to mention there are multiple color variations of each, hence UW91 pulling two Pettis autos. He did pull a Rudolph auto though.

Card Magnet said:
They look great.

Are the auto cards thick?

I think they're 72-point card stock. The Patches are closer to 100-125.

CollectorsCorner said:
Pm me with what you want for your base

Will do.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
To show off more of the beauty of Inception, here are the hits from UW91's boxes (shamelessly nicked from his BO post):

Incep1.jpg
Incept2.jpg