Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 New York Penn League All Star Game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I used to work for the Lowell Spinners and the game will be played about 5 minutes from my house this year at their home field. I know most of the Spinners players and the staff so Ill be going down to the field for the festivities and the game itself. Is there anyone people like in these lineups? Dont see any HUGE names but Im always at the games so I know who's having a good year. I thought Mychael Givens would make the team but didnt for whatever reason. Looking at the festivities planned, there should be some cool things. There will be an auction for each players jersey they wear in the game as well as some mystery auctions with pieces including Bryce Harper autos, Cal Ripken autos and a lot more. Also supposed to be a skills competition, post game fireworks and an All-Star Brunch featuring Rich Gedman, Rico Petrocelli, Bill Monbouquette, Glenn DiSarcina and author Marty Dobrow. Anyone else going?

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news ... qus_thread

2011 New York-Penn League All-Star Teams

Charlie Cononie RHP Hudson Valley
Gabriel Arias RHP Williamsport
Evan DeLuca LHP Staten Island
Jonathan Cornelius LHP Batavia
Robert Dickmann LHP Hudson Valley
Benjamin Grisz RHP Auburn
Trent Howard LHP Aberdeen
Kyle Hallock LHP Tri-City
Danny Jimenez LHP Mahoning Valley
Josh Hodges RHP Jamestown
Parker Markel RHP Hudson Valley
Michael Maness RHP Batavia
Tanner Peters RHP Vermont
Todd McInnis RHP Batavia
Branden Pinder RHP Staten Island
Mike Nesseth RHP Williamsport
Brennan Smith RHP Connecticut
Tyson Seng RHP Brooklyn
Jeff Urlaub LHP Vermont
Chase Wier RHP Jamestown

Position Players

Matt Rice C Hudson Valley
Juan Castillo C Batavia
Nick Rickles C Vermont
Samuel Gonzalez C State College
Dean Green DH Connecticut
Joe Bergman 2B Batavia
Sean Jamieson SS Vermont
Terrence Dayleg 1B Jamestown
Dudley Leonora 2B Aberdeen
Matt Duffy 3B Tri-City
Jeff Malm 1B Hudson Valley
Hendry Jimenez 2B Auburn
Chih Fang Pan 2B Vermont
Richard Lucas 3B Brooklyn
Jordan Smith 3B Mahoning Valley
David Medina 1B Batavia
Casey Stevenson 3B Staten Island
Daniel Muno SS Brooklyn
Joe Velleggia 1B Aberdeen
Bryce Ortega SS Auburn
Tony Wolters SS Mahoning Valley
Matt Skole DH Auburn
Glynn Davis OF Aberdeen
Aaron Altherr OF Williamsport
Keury De La Cruz OF Lowell
Kelly Dugan OF Williamsport
Matty Johnson OF Lowell
Justin Gominsky OF Tri-City
Bryson Myles OF Mahoning Valley
Kyrell Hudson OF Williamport
Seth Schwindenhammer OF Lowell
Travis Taijeron OF Brooklyn
Mason Williams OF Staten Island
Charles Thurber DH Brooklyn

Field Staff
Carlos Febles Manager
Stubby Clapp Manager
Paul Abbott Pitching
Gary Ruby Pitching
Rich Gedman Hitting Lowell
Mark Bailey Hitting
Mauricio Elizondo Ath. Trainer
Kevin Ortega Ath. Trainer
Keita Terada Asst. Ath. Trainer
Michael Kenyon Asst. Ath. Trainer

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
2 of my all-time favorite players are playing (for opposite teams :eek: )

Gominsky. He is really cool. I met him and his dad last year at a Gopher game. He was injured but he was nice and stayed and talked with us for a while. Saw him at the end of the season and he remembered who I was.

Jordan Smith. Guy is a straight beast. Born and raised an hour from here. I had some friends that played against him, and I have seen him play. The kid has talent and it makes me wonder why nobody has heard of him... I sent him TTM too... he sent back fairly quick. He is awesome to his fans.

Is there a possibility you can get some autographs from these guys? If you end up with any game used stuff as well, I would pay for it.

And possibly Rico Petrocelli? I need his signature.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Depending how the Cape playoffs turn out I may go see former Commodore Matt Skole, and my photo intern from last summer works for Lowell too.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Never realized until I was planning a 2012 NY Penn trip how spread out this league really is.....No way you can see all teams in a week without doubling up on games and missing some innings. Bummer.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
[youtube:14jc1djb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pEpwESPLsA[/youtube:14jc1djb]

[youtube:14jc1djb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B164uzshJyA&feature=related[/youtube:14jc1djb]

[youtube:14jc1djb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQORvrwJYJ4[/youtube:14jc1djb]

[youtube:14jc1djb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fSw8jgnPTs[/youtube:14jc1djb]

I have a video of Jordan Smith hitting for the STINGERS but I don't know where it is.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
PM sent.

Jeff Malm is a beast warrior legend. Hit the 2 furthest homeruns I have seen at LeLacheur park in back to back at bats. His second shot a few weeks ago must have been close to 400 feet, pulled down the right field line onto the bridge beyond the right field wall. Dude has power for days.

BTW- BEEFY! if your going to come up let me know!

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
If anyone going could get me any Auburn Doubledays autos or stuff I would defantly be willing to work out a deal. Players are Skole, Grisz, Jimenez, and Ortega

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Bump for Game Discussion.

Gominsky had a sac-fly, that's all I have to report.

EDIT: Didn't want to make a new post. Jordan Smith with a solid line drive down the first base line

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
Bump for Game Discussion.

Gominsky had a sac-fly, that's all I have to report.

EDIT: Didn't want to make a new post. Jordan Smith with a solid line drive down the first base line

Hey, send me a PM with your address. Gominsky and Smith both bought their jerseys so they did not go up for auction. I do have some stuff for you though so send it over.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I was gonna buy Mason Williams jersey tonight but got shafted by some jerk blocking the paper to bid, then jumped up and down yelling he won when the last inning to bid ended. Started screaming when I tried to bid lol. Jeff Malm's jersey went for the most by far. Most guys sold for $100. Williams sold for $135 and Malm got like $200.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I actually missed most of the game. I was using MiLB.TV on my laptop, and it was being dumb. It took a good share of the game to figure everything out. I got to see Gominsky and Smith each hit, and I got to see Gominsky steal a base later in the game, so I can't complain.

Members online

Latest posts