Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PRESEASON WEEK ONE - Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
We're about 7.5 hours out from the first NFL action of the season! Is anyone as excited as I am?

The nationally broadcast ESPN game will be San Diego @ Seattle.

I'm excited for 11:00 PM EST tonight, as NFLN will be airing the Cowboys game. I'll probably avoid the internet from actual kickoff time until the airing of the pre-recorded game.

The Philadelphia Heat will be without DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, and newly signed Steve Smith tonight, so their starting WRs are Riley Cooper (paging the1mcjensen) and Jason Avant. Johnny Lee Higgins and Chad Hall will come of the bench for 3 and 4 WR sets, and Coach Reid says Sinorice Moss will also "give it a shot". I would expect him to try some kick/punt returning.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Re: PREASEASON WEEK ONE - Discussion Thread

All that I am hoping for from the Saints is a healthy preseason. Really optimistic about the season ahead and if they can stay healthy they should do really well.

Sproles is going to become a fan favorite very early this seson :)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly

Wow CM!

How about this?

Preseason Football sucks. It's like watching Regular Season NFC West football...

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010

gt2590 said:
Wow CM!

How about this?

Preseason Football sucks. It's like watching Regular Season NFC West football...

:lol: I get the worst of it living in Washington....1 chanel goes to game 2 of a double header for the rest of the country to watch...but since the Seahawks are on another chanel....all the other chanels that have other games on DON'T SHOW THEM :evil: ....forcing me to either watch the Seahawks....or take a nap....I usually opt for the nap :lol:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

TiajuanaDonkey said:
gt2590 said:
Wow CM!

How about this?

:lol: I get the worst of it living in Washington....1 chanel goes to game 2 of a double header for the rest of the country to watch...but since the Seahawks are on another chanel....all the other chanels that have other games on DON'T SHOW THEM :evil: ....forcing me to either watch the Seahawks....or take a nap....I usually opt for the nap :lol:
You think you have it bad?

For the AFC game, I always get the Steelers. Always. They're the local team.

For the NFC games, I always get the Eagles if they're on. If not, then I get Washington. If they're not on, then I get New York. I get the three division opponents before my team.

If none of those three are playing, then I get the nationally televised game...which I have to pray is Dallas, or I have to watch it online and worry Roger Goodell is going to kick in my front door for not having the express written consent of the NFL to do so.

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010

Card Magnet said:
TiajuanaDonkey said:
gt2590 said:
Wow CM!

How about this?

You think you have it bad?

For the AFC game, I always get the Steelers. Always. They're the local team.

For the NFC games, I always get the Eagles if they're on. If not, then I get Washington. If they're not on, then I get New York. I get the three division opponents before my team.

If none of those three are playing, then I get the nationally televised game...which I have to pray is Dallas, or I have to watch it online and worry Roger Goodell is going to kick in my front door for not having the express written consent of the NFL to do so.

LOL...and I'd rather watch the Steelers than the hawks any day...huge Polamalu fan!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

hawkfandan said:
Anyone else watching this game on ESPN? Ive never been so happy for pre season football before, even if it is the Chargers/Seahawks.
I'm watching it. It's the only one on live tonight for me.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008

Colts fans, isn't it weird seeing Bob Sanders as a Charger (it's also weird seeing him on the field for once!)

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009

the eagles ravens games for the limited time I watched all kickoffs went inot the endzone...

Nice new rule ::facepalm::

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

wheeler281 said:
the eagles ravens games for the limited time I watched all kickoffs went inot the endzone...

Nice new rule ::facepalm::
This new rule sucks. It's really going to destroy some careers that are only there because of return ability.

It's kind of funny that they'd ruin kickoff returns and yet have a commercial highlighted by kick returns in circulation.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

If touchbacks become the norm, that's going to put more emphasis on post touchdown celebration penalties and penalties that occur during the extra point.

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON

hawkfandan said:
Anyone else watching this game on ESPN? Ive never been so happy for pre season football before, even if it is the Chargers/Seahawks.

Seahawks playing like crap like normal, but it is definitely great to have football back!!!

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY

The way I see it is pre season football is better then no football. Raiders are on in a few minutes and im excited to see some of the young guys play.

Latest posts