Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Waited for this a long time in the mail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Some of you may remember I won this a few months ago. Long story short, after the item had not arrived for some time I contacted the seller. He got back to me a little while later with a brief message saying there was a family emergency, he was out of the country, and he would refund my money when he got back.

I chose to assume he was being honest, and so told him to take care of the family situation and get back to me when he got a chance. I also mentioned that he need not refund the money as I'd be happy to wait for the card. A few days later I received a refund on the cost of the card.

Without getting too much into specifics, after a couple of months I received an email saying that everything was taken care of and if I was interested in the card he would be happy to complete the transaction. I sent him payment a couple of days ago.

Today I heard a knock at the door and there was a package delivered Express Mail. I tried thinking what I had ordered that would warrant Express Mail. Anyways, here it is:

6032568065_47f60a2e6b.jpg

I've also been slowly rescanning my cards and moving them to Flickr since I cannot seem to get Photobucket to work well. Flickr is a way easier site to use (for almost everything except copying image links, unless there's an easy way that I do not know about.)

So a little showing off of a few recent scans:

Orange Ref. 25/25
6032568173_7091b735eb.jpg

Gold Ref /50
6033126256_2df9302a89.jpg

Red Ref. /25
6032568231_ab93d8be0b.jpg

And Big Game James:

6033126328_052dd78ba3.jpg

6032568367_2afd130992.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
JoshHamilton said:
Is James Shields Jewish? Serious question. I'll explain why in a minute
A quick search seems to indicate that he is not, although at one point in time apparently there was some sort of conspiracy theory:

http://deadspin.com/5656223/the-officia ... acy-theory

During the five minutes my ex actually watched baseball, Shields was pitching.

Her: he must be Jewish
Me: I'm not sure. Shields doesn't sound like a historically Jewish name, and I've never heard anyone mention it
Her: he has to be Jewish; look at the size of his nose!

Ignorant *****

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
JoshHamilton said:
Topnotchsy said:
JoshHamilton said:
A quick search seems to indicate that he is not, although at one point in time apparently there was some sort of conspiracy theory:

Me: I'm not sure. Shields doesn't sound like a historically Jewish name, and I've never heard anyone mention it

Ignorant *****

what a bitch

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Nikobaseball said:
Sick pickup as usual top.

What did you end up doing with the Ruth TOTT?

I worked out a deal with a board member here. It should be shipping out shortly. My guess is when he receives it he may show it off. I'll leave it to him to do so.

JoshHamilton said:
Topnotchsy said:
JoshHamilton said:

Ignorant *****

I've always felt that if the stereotypes don't lead to hate and violence, I don't mind them (and as many here know, I am Jewish.) Kinda funny though.

edit: She should be aware though, that we Jews like to own the sports teams more than we like playing on them. :D

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Topnotchsy said:
Nikobaseball said:
Sick pickup as usual top.

What did you end up doing with the Ruth TOTT?

I worked out a deal with a board member here. It should be shipping out shortly. My guess is when he receives it he may show it off. I'll leave it to him to do so.

JoshHamilton said:
Topnotchsy said:
JoshHamilton said:

Ignorant *****

I've always felt that if the stereotypes don't lead to hate and violence, I don't mind them (and as many here know, I am Jewish.) Kinda funny though.

edit: She should be aware though, that we Jews like to own the sports teams more than we like playing on them. :D
:D

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
JoshHamilton said:
Topnotchsy said:
JoshHamilton said:

Ignorant *****
You know what they say about guys with big noses.......They are African -American from the waist down ;)

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
James Shields is definitely NOT Jewish

And that comment about Jewish people preferring to OWN teams as opposed to play for them, actually made me laugh. As a Rays fan who sits directly in front of the box of Andrew FREIDMAN, Matt SILVERSTEIN, and occasionally Stuart STERNBERG (he rarely attends games), I know exactly what you mean.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Pine Tar said:
[

Ignorant *****
You know what they say about guys with big noses.......They are African -American from the waist down ;)[/quote]

There is an exception to every rule. Unfortunately (for my wife), in this case, the exception is me. I guess my 9.5 shoe-size cancels out my huge nose. Oh well.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
daveyou said:
glad it worked out, top!

beauty

dave
Thanks.

Have to admit, I did not anticipate the direction this thread would take when I posted it lol.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
excel_B said:
Very nice Darvish! Did you get them in Ebay?
These are some cards I've had awhile that I got to scanning for my Flickr account (having trouble with photobucket.)

I also have 1 Sterling Black Ref, 3 Sterling Gold ref's and from Chrome Draft a gold and blue ref.

There's not much out there of his usually, and the Sterling Red. Ref 1/1 is priced too high for me. (I offered $700, though to be honest, with a black ref. /25 sitting there with a BIN of $129 taking offers, even that price seems high.)

Members online