Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UD help from anyone please and thank you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
Hey guys i had a friend bring me back a few boxes from the natty and in one older boxes i hit something that made my jaw drop then a tear in my eye when i saw the date so if anyone has a GOOD contact at UD customer service ect please let me know so i know who to contact

card in question busted box of 2002 Upper Deck® Autnentics hit
all green card that reads" congratulations you have just won a peyton manning autographed mini-helmet from upper deck authenticated

i am 99% sure they will not still have it but this is the 1st "big " pull for me i am lucky when i pull a card that sells for $10-15 so to pull this then see the date made my heart break would love to see if the could do anything for it even if its maybe a peyton college auto or something thanks in advance everyone

Edit yes i know this is the baseball boards but this is where 99% of everyone is so i figured i would ask here

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
cgilmo said:
it dosent matter who you talk to, no one will help you with a product from 2002

no one at all

no one will help me with my 08 Kershaw :(
no one at all :cry:

redemption appear to be fancy decoys.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Unfortunately Gilmo is right.
I pulled a sweet redemption last weekend as well from Pacific hockey for a Bobby Hull auto and Brett Hull jersey. One of the guys in our room also pulled an iconic cut from 08 UD Football as well. It sucks, but that's why the wax is cheap

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but should UD really be accountable for a 2002 redemtion that has been expired for probably 8 years?

I mean at some point they, the manufacturers, need to cut it off.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Lancemountain said:
I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but should UD really be accountable for a 2002 redemtion that has been expired for probably 8 years?

I mean and some point they, the manufacturers, need to cut it off.

i borrored money from the bank in 2002...you think they really need that back?

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
schmidtfan20 said:
Lancemountain said:

I mean and some point they, the manufacturers, need to cut it off.

i borrored money from the bank in 2002...you think they really need that back?

Look at that analogy you used and think to yourself...."Gee Kevin, does one really have anything to do with the other?"

Go ahead, read it again.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I mean really, its like an IOU. At some point UD sold that box to someone saying, hey not everything in the box
is there, but just send us the IOU and we will send you the card.....I mean how hard is it to sit on a stack of
autograph cards for 8 years?? Does it take up that much space? You default on a loan and the bank sells it to
some collection company and then they want the money...how is this any different?

Fact is, the card comapnies have not only been backing out on these promises, but then using those same
cards to equal out other redemptions!!!

again I ask, why can't UD hold on to a stack of cards from 8 years ago?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
I mean really, its like an IOU. At some point UD sold that box to someone saying, hey not everything in the box
is there, but just send us the IOU and we will send you the card.....I mean how hard is it to sit on a stack of
autograph cards for 8 years?? Does it take up that much space? You default on a loan and the bank sells it to
some collection company and then they want the money...how is this any different?

Fact is, the card comapnies have not only been backing out on these promises, but then using those same
cards to equal out other redemptions!!!

again I ask, why can't UD hold on to a stack of cards from 8 years ago?

Great point, the OP is talking about a mini helmet. So it would be hard to sit on a "stack" of god knows how many mini helmets.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
if there was one ounce of policing in this hobby it would be required of all the card companies to cleary state
on the back of the box what cards are redemptions. I also find it disguesting that beckett gets rid of this
info also after a while.

Kevin

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
so what about on-time ones than have been rotting (if they were real in the first place)

anyone know what a BTL Kershaw /25 rookie auto would be worth today?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Lancemountain said:
schmidtfan20 said:
I mean really, its like an IOU.

An IOU from 2002 that expired long ago.

Why should they be required to fulfill it? They have a window to redeem it, it wasn't. It's a nine year old product.

That autograph card is part of that box, it SHOULD of been in there in the first place, it was part of the "two hits" per
box promise that was on the box 8 years ago. That just doesn't go away. If you are going to make a product with
a bunch of huge memorbilia IOU's in it, then you better have the office space to store it. UD bascially makes redemptions
for all their high end cards now, because they know at the end of the time frame they will have cards left over and even
more money on that. You think thats fair?

but then again the consumer in this hobby has been weak for a very long time. Why even have expiration dates?

Kevin

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
In my opinion a redemption shouldn't count as a hit in a guaranteed hit type product. if you are guaranteed 2 autos and 2 GU cards and you get one auto, a redemption, and 2 GU cards, you were shorted an auto. if a redemption is to count as a hit, it should never be allowed to expire.

Personally, I would be OK with redemption cards expiring after a certain amount of time, as long as you receive the proper number of hits as stated, and the redemption was a "bonus" hit. such as 2 autos, 3 GU and a redemption. I'm surprised their hasn't been a lawsuit for breech of contract, false advertising.....something of that nature, especially on products that don't plainly state on the box that there may be expired redemptions inside.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
For once, Kevin is actually right.

I've said it a hundred times...the ******** people will put up with in this hobby would not fly in any other industry...ever

Anyone ever buy a tv and find a piece of paper inside that says..."send this to samsung, and we'll send you the remote"?

The fact that they still continue to skate around gambling laws blows my mind on a regular basis as well.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
so why don't we do something about it?

yeah, the more I remember that Kershaw that should be mine I am ******* pissed. the product was only a few months old when I sent it in I recall.

Its like "borrowing" money to a crackhead.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
schmidtfan20 said:
That autograph card is part of that box, it SHOULD of been in there in the first place, it was part of the "two hits" per
box promise that was on the box 8 years ago. That just doesn't go away.

Yes it does, as I am certain the back of the card has an expiration date.

Things expire, coupons, CD's, interest rate's..........the list is endless

If you want to hate on redemptions as a whole, I'll join the fight. I got royally screwed by Topps in a 2010 redemption.

But I would never expect a 9 year old redemption.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
If you buy a box that says there are two hits in the box, then you should expect two hits..

Getting one of the hits that is a redemption is the company telling you that they were too lazy to actually get the item in the box..

I have opened a box and got the biggest shaft from UD.. I got not a f'ng thing for this..

They had McGwire auto's all over the place.. they could have sent me one and I would have been happy..

mcgwire-hosed.jpg

Members online