Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Paul Goldschmidt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Anyone see his mammoth pinch hit game-tying homer in the bottom of the 9th last night? I didn't hear a distance but it cleared the entire lower level of seating.

Until this, he hadn't shown much. Lots of Ks and limited production, but what a clutch homer that was. For you investors out there, what kind of numbers do you think he'll be able to put up in a full season of Major League ball, and do you think he'll stick in the Majors for the rest of the year?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Anyone see his mammoth pinch hit game-tying homer in the bottom of the 9th last night? I didn't hear a distance but it cleared the entire lower level of seating.

Until this, he hadn't shown much. Lots of Ks and limited production, but what a clutch homer that was. For you investors out there, what kind of numbers do you think he'll be able to put up in a full season of Major League ball, and do you think he'll stick in the Majors for the rest of the year?

35 HR/80 RBI/150 K.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Not enough plate discipline shown so far but he could improve on that very easily. Full season he could easily hit 30+ HR's. I see some hesitancy to play him by KG so far, I wonder how much they let him struggle next year, especially if they are in the race.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
notjomommasclint said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
He's Mark Reynolds II .........

i have never understood why being mark reynolds is a bad thing. every generation prior has had prolific power, vicious strikeout guys. i believe reggie jackson had more strikeouts than hits. as long as the role is accepted and they are not a defensive liability let em roll...

I didn't mean it as a bad thing. Mark Reynolds was a 40HR guy for a couple seasons. I just meant his production will mirror that of Mark Reynolds, which should be good news to DBacks fans. He'll (Goldschmidt) K a ton at the MLB level, as did Reynolds, but that's to be expected when you have an 'all or nothing' swing. He'll struggle to hit for average, but the power should be there.

detox

May 15, 2009
Gibby and the local fan base love him. Gibby loves rotating vets in that's why we see line up changes every 3-4 days. One thing the stats don't show is his defense is really good, line drives/ ground balls don't make it past 1st base. Goldschmidt can not hit a slider to save his life, and he thinks he can so he chases all of them.

Joshua.Roundtree said:
notjomommasclint said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":1r3e625k]He's Mark Reynolds II .........

i have never understood why being mark reynolds is a bad thing. every generation prior has had prolific power, vicious strikeout guys. i believe reggie jackson had more strikeouts than hits. as long as the role is accepted and they are not a defensive liability let em roll...

I didn't mean it as a bad thing. Mark Reynolds was a 40HR guy for a couple seasons. I just meant his production will mirror that of Mark Reynolds, which should be good news to DBacks fans. He'll (Goldschmidt) K a ton at the MLB level, as did Reynolds, but that's to be expected when you have an 'all or nothing' swing. He'll struggle to hit for average, but the power should be there.[/quote:1r3e625k]

i like the 50hr .213 avg guys! they are the most fun to watch!

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
All I know is that was an absolute MAMMO tank. I've been passing his legend on to friends ever since I saw him hit one into TGIFridays during BP for the Futures Game. The kid can rake.....and K but who cares?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
In the minors Mark Reynolds had a BB/K split of 135/322 (.41). In AA he was 31/69 (.44).

Goldschmidt is at 175/327 (.53) in the minors. Much better plate discipline. In his breakout AA season he sits at a stellar 82/92, a .89 ratio with a .435 OBP. I think the Mark Reynolds comparisons are completely unfair. Why do others think his plate discipline won't translate to the majors?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I loosely agree with the Dunn refrence, obviously there is still a lot he has to prove at the MLB level, but I am just happy he is getting somewhat of a shot as MANY so called prospectors had said over the years he was a fluke and would never make it. Talent aside, thoes who bought in to Goldschmidt early in the year are reaping the rewards right about now.

Members online

Latest posts