Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tulo-WIN-ski

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... o-win-zki/

In fact, Tulowitzki may just be the best player in the National League. Using WAR, he and Roy Halladay stand atop the heap as six-win players this year. On the offensive side, his wOBA, wRC+ and ISO are all top 25, and on defense, he ranks fourth overall in UZR and is tied for eighth in DRS. He is poised to have just the 31st season with 30 or more homers by a shortstop in the Integrated Era (1947-present), and if he does so, he will become just the sixth shortstop in that time frame to do so in consecutive seasons, joining Vern Stephens, Ernie Banks, Nomar Garciaparra, Alex Rodriguez and Miguel Tejada. But, as Eno Sarris showed yesterday, seasons themselves can be arbitrary endpoints. What happens if we sort by the past calendar year? Well, the results are even better — the top two names on the leader board are Jose Bautista, 9.3 WAR, and Troy Tulowitzki, 9.2. And over the past two calendar years, Tulo vaults the top, as his 15.0 WAR in that timeframe is tied with Justin Verlander for number one in baseball. No matter how you slice it, Tulowitzki has put himself in rarified air.

To say that Tulowitzki is the best, or one of the best shortstops in the game has become cliché. In what may turn out to be his best season, it’s time to remove the word “shortstop” from the description. And when one considers that he’s still just 26 years old, and that he’s still getting better, we may be witnessing this greatness for many years to come.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Superfractor said:
One of the only bright spots in this weak-minded team.

A lot of people, including myself, had the Rockies winning the west...you guys have had one of those fluky, nothing went right type years.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Adamsince1981 said:
Superfractor said:
One of the only bright spots in this weak-minded team.

A lot of people, including myself, had the Rockies winning the west...you guys have had one of those fluky, nothing went right type years.

Well they will win 75% of their games in September like they always do, but it might not be enough this year.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
With all due respect Adam, what the hell kind of stats are you using? :lol:

Kidding, I get what you're saying. Good stuff. Didn't know Tulo was THAT good.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
With all due respect Adam, what the hell kind of stats are you using? :lol:

Kidding, I get what you're saying. Good stuff. Didn't know Tulo was THAT good.

Ant, fangraphs can be over-the-top; but they know baseball.

I'd say Tulo only having 4 errors plays a large role on his high WAR.

Latest posts