Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How long does it take to get paid an ins claim with usps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
looks like the post office may have lost an item i sold on ebay. It's still a little early and hopefully it still shows up but its been a week after the expected delivery. I'm just curious how long it takes to get paid the insurance if they did lose it?
sucks cause this was a $600 ebay sale that I sold for a friend, and hes waiting for the money cause I told him i wanted to wait until the buyer received it and left positive feedback before i paid him.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
you can choose whether the sender or receiver gets it. in my one experience the buyer had his refund check within 2 weeks of my filing.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
just my luck, I sell a $600 item for a friend and they lose it.

and its not like its a small package either, its a baseball bat in a large tube ::facepalm::

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
rum151man said:

and its not like its a small package either, its a baseball bat in a large tube ::facepalm::

Odd shaped packages seem to take longer to deliver. You sold it less then 2 weeks ago, no need to worry yet.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Roy Birchler said:
rum151man said:

Odd shaped packages seem to take longer to deliver. You sold it less then 2 weeks ago, no need to worry yet.
I hope your right
I sold another bat a few weeks back and it arrived just as they said to new jersey, this one is going to georgia ???

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Hey I had bought a Pedroia GU bat from ebay and the typical long bat sized package arrived at my work shipping address and one end of the package had been obviously opened and resealed with cheap scotch tape and of course was light as a feather empty. I refused to sign for it -thank goodness it was signature required- I asked the mail man 'Do you think this package looked un-tampered with a ripped open end and no weight to it?", he just shrugged, I got my $$ back through paypal a week later and the seller did the insurance claim. Seems odd we both lost bats in the mail, must be postal workers thinking they're all potential Babe Ruth bats..

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
rum151man said:
Roy Birchler said:
rum151man said:

I hope your right
I sold another bat a few weeks back and it arrived just as they said to new jersey, this one is going to georgia ???

i had a card take 29 days to go from conneticut to new york, hope it shows up for you.

Members online

Latest posts