Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Strasburgian Pop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Last week - [phil:vzn74enc]250861124309[/phil:vzn74enc]

This week - [phil:vzn74enc]330597469294[/phil:vzn74enc]

Anyone else feeling a bit of the dumbs for not buying in?

Wes, you want to show that stuff off :)?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I went broke at the wrong time. But this winter will be the best time to buy. I don't know if the Topps and BC will get down under $100, but they will probably get close. I think football will be BIG this year, what with the near-miss on the season. That should translate to less money speant on baseball, hence, lower prices.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
I went broke at the wrong time. But this winter will be the best time to buy. I don't know if the Topps and BC will get down under $100, but they will probably get close. I think football will be BIG this year, what with the near-miss on the season. That should translate to less money speant on baseball, hence, lower prices.

I think if he finishes out the season strong, all they do is accelerate in the offseason.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Without a change in his delivery it's just bound to happen again. Might not be this season or next even, but unless someone cleans up his mechanics he won't pitch for long. The title of this thread says it all, because that's what he'll hear at some point, a 'pop'

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
masonphillip said:
hive17 said:

I think if he finishes out the season strong, all they do is accelerate in the offseason.

That's also possible. But every year baseball sales take a dive for anything that isn't a new release. Hell his stuff went down (not dramatically) after he debuted.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Without a change in his delivery it's just bound to happen again. Might not be this season or next even, but unless someone cleans up his mechanics he won't pitch for long. The title of this thread says it all, because that's what he'll hear at some point, a 'pop'

Disagree. There have been pitchers who have the same dreaded "Inverted W" mechanics and still go without injury. Just makes it more prone.

Wes

OG
Administrator
masonphillip said:
Last week - [phil:2yeg5z5d]250861124309[/phil:2yeg5z5d]

This week - [phil:2yeg5z5d]330597469294[/phil:2yeg5z5d]

Why not?

1306465742.jpg
file.php

006-1.jpg
scaled.php

scaled.php

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Yankees1218 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:

Disagree. There have been pitchers who have the same dreaded "Inverted W" mechanics and still go without injury. Just makes it more prone.

It's just not about the W, it's about his timing. I read an article and he has poor timing in motion and it's makes all the energy go in his arm and he never uses his legs for power.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Wes said:
masonphillip said:
Last week - [phil:3qwdejn9]250861124309[/phil:3qwdejn9]

This week - [phil:3qwdejn9]330597469294[/phil:3qwdejn9]

Why not?

1306465742.jpg
file.php

006-1.jpg
scaled.php

scaled.php

saweet!

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
This makes no sense. I'm usually not a pessimist but I still have Mark Prior cards somewhere in a box. I just think the odds are against him being that Cy Nolan Big Train Unit Rocketburg people once saw. Either he will pitch with fear or go balls out and break down again.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
aaron41984 said:
This makes no sense. I'm usually not a pessimist but I still have Mark Prior cards somewhere in a box. I just think the odds are against him being that Cy Nolan Big Train Unit Rocketburg people once saw. Either he will pitch with fear or go balls out and break down again.

There were people who made money off Prior - its just timing. As far as how he'll pitch, so far I'd say its the latter as he was hitting 99 last night.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
masonphillip said:
aaron41984 said:

There were people who made money off Prior - its just timing. As far as how he'll pitch, so far I'd say its the latter as he was hitting 99 last night.

You are correct. I was young, dumb, and apparently sold on Prior. I'm sure I could take advantage of somebody and time out some good strasburg flips but I don't have a reason to when there are buys like this out there...

http://cgi.ebay.com/120759945463?ru=htt ... 1262wt_922

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
mwashuc06 said:
Yankees1218 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:

It's just not about the W, it's about his timing. I read an article and he has poor timing in motion and it's makes all the energy go in his arm and he never uses his legs for power.

The W is what causes the arm to be late and thus thrown through the motion, instead of moving with the body.

Members online

Latest posts