Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Next person who bumps an old irrelevant topic gets a long su

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
cgilmo said:
Long suspension.

Its a form of trolling and I am tired of seeing it.

thanks! :)
it bugs me to see my old stuff come back up.
can you close that thread too? I dont want a 12 year old spamming me with lowball offers like the MC says he does.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Not trying to be a jerk, but i honestly don't understand how this is trolling.

I think you should be able to be confronted with everything you say. If you were wrong a year ago, what's wrong with having to own up to it?

Perhaps because people in general can't just admit they were wrong and get defensive about it and start spewing evil and cursing.

Ok, maybe i see your point. People suck and can't be expected to act as adults.

Its too bad, because i think there's alot of knowledge to be gained by looking at what we all thought in the past.

Those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Mudcatsfan said:

I think you should be able to be confronted with everything you say. If you were wrong a year ago, what's wrong with having to own up to it?

Perhaps because people in general can't just admit they were wrong and get defensive about it and start spewing evil and cursing.

Couldn't one just provide a link to it instead?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Mudcatsfan said:

Its too bad, because i think there's alot of knowledge to be gained by looking at what we all thought in the past.

it's trolling because people do it to mock others instead of make a valid point

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
Mudcatsfan said:

Couldn't one just provide a link to it instead?

If your trying to make a point or reference an old thread the link seems like the best way to go.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
cgilmo said:
Mudcatsfan said:

it's trolling because people do it to mock others instead of make a valid point
I see nothing wrong with mockery if someone was being a complete assbag while proliferating a blatanly incorrect opinion/fact

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Why not just lock all threads that hit 120+ days old without a reply, seems like a simple solution, but what do I know, I don't run a web forum. Maybe its not plausible or feesible.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Musial Collector said:
Why not just lock all threads that hit 120+ days old without a reply, seems like a simple solution, but what do I know, I don't run a web forum. Maybe its not plausible or feesible.

id have to code it

that's a lot of code

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
cgilmo said:
Musial Collector said:

id have to code it

that's a lot of code
you could asign a thread-locking mod... :lol:

G

cgilmo said:
Musial Collector said:

id have to code it

that's a lot of code
Which would come first, that, or actually fixing the clock on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts