Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shoutout and public thank you to Richard (Pine Tar)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
during the national chat Richard had told me live from the national that he spotted a dealer who had a Leaf national exclusive Jose Canseco pop century auto /5 for $50. Me being on a more limited card budget of late asked if he could get the dealer to sell it to him for $40 to which he came back and said the dealer took an offer of $75 and sold it. Part of me was disappointed because the completist in me of course wanted that card for my PC but my wallet was telling me otherwise.

Fast forward to yesterday and I'm about to walk out the door to work and there is a Priority package at the door with my name on it. I haven't bought anything off Ebay so no idea what is going on. I proceed to open the package and I read a letter from Richard and then open the enclosed Leaf padded mailer to find the Canseco inside. Needless to say I was surprized! Richard had been pulling my leg as he actually pulled the card from the meet and greet and said that the card HAD to be in my collection. I gotta say it really made my day after reading the note and seeing the card. This was an incredible gesture by an outstanding member of this board and I'm very thankful and appreciative. Thank you Richard for the gift and your selflessness.. you are good people and good things come to good people.

and now for the scan

JoseCansecoPC218.jpg

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hats off Richard!
Good deal Paul

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
ChasHawk said:
This was carefully plotted over pop & hot wings at the meet-up... :lol:

Way to go Rich!

Guilty! lol

It was fun coming up with the story. Rich is a great person, someone I'm proud to call my friend

sunojorel

Oct 5, 2010
GAP, PA
I've never dealt with any of the people mentioned personally but very cool, and refreshing hobby story all around.. Very very cool job!!!!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
still think he used wrong address - not sent here ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

but i don't collect Jose . way to go Tar :lol: :lol: :lol:

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
ThoseBackPages said:
ChasHawk said:
This was carefully plotted over pop & hot wings at the meet-up... :lol:

Way to go Rich!

Guilty! lol

It was fun coming up with the story. Rich is a great person, someone I'm proud to call my friend
I'm guilty as well. We hatched the plot while eating wings, potato skins, pizza, and beer. Big shout out to Brian Gray for the door prizes he donated to the meet and greet.

The plotters where, Rich, Eric, Chashawk, Lisu, myself, and Muskie Joe.

Latest posts