Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Logan Morrison optioned to AAA edit coming back up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
A few after game comments from LoMo

"All I know is I go out & I give everything for this tream. I play hurt, I play through injury and this is how you get treated."
LoMo said #Marlins told him he was optioned bc of .249 BA, but he thinks it's because of an off-field issue

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Re: Logan Morrison optioned to AAA

BrewerSuperCollector said:
What happened off field that he's referring to?

He's taken a few jabs at Hanley Ramirez this season. Jeffry Loria is a bit in love with Hanley. Also his OPS of .791 is top 30 in the national league. He's batted 3rd most of the season for the Marlins, but has only batted .208 since the all star game, but this move just shows that the Marlins are a complete joke in my opinion.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... y-ramirez/

tommyd2107

Oct 29, 2009

Who knows what the hell is going on down there in Florida. It's insane maybe it's Hanley that's the problem when more than 1 person calls him out. #freelomo

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD

Wow. What a joke.

.249, 17 HR, 60 RBI's at 23 years old deserves a demotion?

Poor guy. He is hitting .273 in August as well.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

This really irritates me. He always hustles and always gives it everything he's got. There's no way his numbers right now warrant a demotion, especially with the upward trend he's showing lately.

LoMo has a higher batting average than Hanley and has 17 homeruns to Hanley's 10. His OPS is among the top 30 of the NL, as stated above. Those are not demotion numbers.

When it comes to the point where players can't get on each other and police each other for not playing hard, you know there's a problem with management. In my opinion, having the guts to call out the so-called "superstar" of the team when he's not giving it 100% is a big time leadership quality...not something a guy should be punished for.

I'm really disappointed to see this as a big LoMo fan but also as someone who has really started to enjoy the Marlins. This just tells me their organization is not ready to win.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009

This is extremely disappointing as a Marlins fan. There are no other ways to describe it.

I've met Logan and he is a class act and all he does during the games is hustle and is a great guy in the community.

I wouldn't be surprised the reason that they demoted him is in fact because he has called out Hanley this year and the fact that for the first time all year he is struggling some what, but as others mentioned he has above average numbers this year.

SWelker

May 15, 2010
Portland, ME

Doesn't make any sense to me. The Marlins wonder why they can't get fans in the ballpark but they are treating some of their best players like crap while embarrassing them by demoting them when they are already out of the race and have no reason to.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL

The Marlins are the most dishonest, corrupt organization in all of baseball and perhaps all of sports. Read up on how they lied to the local government in Miami Dade to get their new ballpark and you'll understand how they operate.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008

James52411 said:
The Marlins are the most dishonest, corrupt organization in all of baseball and perhaps all of sports. Read up on how they lied to the local government in Miami Dade to get their new ballpark and you'll understand how they operate.

Loria is a ****. Huizenga was a ****.

I hate rooting for a team run by jackasses

tropicaltwinsfan

Aug 11, 2010
Minnesota

Just got home from the game and got the news. I'm completely shocked. And ticked. I have been able to overlook how awful the ownership is and just enjoy the game and the guys, but this is almost too much to ignore.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell

just tweeted #lomomarlins some suport for the guy ,what a great kid, wish him the best.

tm decomposer

Aug 29, 2010

LoMo = Next Jeremy Hermida. Except Hermida was actually good when he was 23.

Good luck to Logan though. His hustle is great.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN

Just a stupid move by the Marlins. I'm pissed and I'm not invested in him, nor am I a Marlins fan.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

SWelker said:
Doesn't make any sense to me. The Marlins wonder why they can't get fans in the ballpark but they are treating some of their best players like crap while embarrassing them by demoting them when they are already out of the race and have no reason to.

What I'd like to see LoMo do - just take the demotion, work hard in NRL, play great in September when rosters expand, put up decent numbers while under the grip of the Marlins, and at the first free agency opportunity, bolt for another team as a big middle finger to the marlins.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.

I do not want to start a fight and I know there's a lot of lomo fans, and I am one of them, he will become a very good player. However, I just look at his Twitter account, just like that ...

As a person who has employees in his charge, you tell your employees that they have some sort of responsibility to their organization image, i believe he has already been advised to pay attention to what he writes and this has to do with some of his posts. I am referring to, among other, the Samson quiz on August 7, or some comments on Hanley ... he must learn to shut up in my opinion.

We all know the Marlins are run by idiots, but i would say that most teams would have told him to keep it low profile on social medias.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL

Makes me like him more but Logan could go about doing things differently. Not showing up for a photo session at a season ticket holder event wouldn't sit well with many clubs. Its one of the main reasons why Edgar Renteria didn't last long with the Braves. He agreed to come in early for pre-ST workouts at Turner Field. He didn't show up for it along with skipping out on the Caravan and Fanfest. If Morrison was upset at the Marlins for the way they handle his bowling charity event last week, there are numerous ways of getting your point across then not showing up for their sponsored event.

Loria seems like a control freak. He didn't like Cameron Maybin and was the reason why he was traded.

Loria blocked the trade of Miguel Cabrera to the Angels for Ervin Santana and Howie Kendrick in the middle of a physical then demanded that Nick Adenhart be included in the trade also.

Guess the best thing for Logan Morrison is to be traded to a different team.

Members online