Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What team is your biggest suprise in baseball this year.

What team do you think is the best suprise in baseball this year

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
i chose Atlanta. not because they are in 2nd and leading the wild card race, but they have the 4TH best record in baseball.
i almost chose Arizona, but San Fran is just not showing anything thus far. Milwaukee is doing what i thought they would do but with a better record than i thought they would have.

The American League is about par for the course but for Minnesota, injuries will do that to a team.

Who do you have and why? this should be a good. Please no trashing other teams and name calling. After all I am a Cub fan
icon_redface.gif

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
nosterbor said:
i chose Atlanta. not because they are in 2nd and leading the wild card race, but they have the 4TH best record in baseball.
i almost chose Arizona, but San Fran is just not showing anything thus far. Milwaukee is doing what i thought they would do but with a better record than i thought they would have.

The American League is about par for the course but for Minnesota, injuries will do that to a team.

Who do you have and why? this should be a good. Please no trashing other teams and name calling. After all I am a Cub fan
icon_redface.gif

Arizona won 65 games last year. they had the worst bullpen ERA in the majors as well. Arizona has 65 wins already and is 13 games over .500
They added such fine FA acquisitions as JJ Putz, Willie Bloomquist, Xavier Nady, Zack Duke, Russell Branyan, Henry Blanco, Geoff Blum, Micah Owings, Sean Burroughs, Wily Mo Pena
Traded away Mark Reynolds for David Hernandez and Kam Mickolio.
Before the season who on that list of names gave anyone the confidence that arizona was going to make a big move?
Every single pre-season poll had the diamondbacks picked to finish last.

Their 4th best starter this year Josh Collmenter is primarily a 2 pitch pitcher with a fastball that tops out at 87 mph and a 75 mph chaneup. He occasionally mixes in a curveball that plops in at 67 mph. :?
They have had 4 1st baseman and have struggled to find someone to hit over .200. The second baseman Kelly Johnson is hitting .209. Stephen Drew is out and now they are forced to play willie Bloomquist there everyday. Ryan Roberts is a 30 year old journeyman who wasnt even supposed to make the club. He has become the spark club of the team.
Does that sound like the infield of a division leader?

I have watched nearly every game this year and it surprises me to no end that these guys keep on winning. They have so many positions that have below average major leaguers manning them and yet they just hang around and eventually get the big hit. Kirk Gibson should easily win NL manager of the year award.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Also picked AZ. Would probably replace the Braves with the Indians or at least add them because I doubt many people would've expected them to be in 2nd after last season. The Braves won 91 last season so doing this well again shouldn't be much of a surprise.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Arizona then Cleveland for me.

Arizona has had some good pieces, and they're shining now. Justin Upton has broken out and is emerging as the star everyone has been waiting for him to be. Miguel Montero has been good. Parra's hitting well. 4 players have more than 15 homers.

Dan Hudson is 12-8, 3.76

Micah Owings is 6-0, 2.68 and has seen a role as both a reliever and a starter (and has been equally effective in both roles).

..but the guy everyone's over looking from AZ is....

Ian Kennedy is 15-3 with a 3.12 ERA

If none of those stats surprise you, you need to start betting on sports.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Cleveland.

They were a good bet to contend for last place in the AL Central with the Royals and instead they spent a long time in first place and are still contending for the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts