Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PerfectGame All-American Game Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Game starts in a few minutes. Tune in on CBSSports.

Nelson Rodriguez won the HR derby.

chisox1917

Oct 21, 2009
jmc280zx said:
Anywhere online to watch this?? I dont get CBSSports...
All I know of is CBS' official website, where it's $15/month or something.

But I'd double check to see if you have it. I have Xfinity by Comcast, and we just got CBSSportsHD in the past week..pleasant surprise that I'll be able to watch it.

Who are the prospects to check for in this game?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
chisox1917 said:
jmc280zx said:

But I'd double check to see if you have it. I have Xfinity by Comcast, and we just got CBSSportsHD in the past week..pleasant surprise that I'll be able to watch it.

Lance McCullers, Nelson Rodriguez and Alex Bregman are the obvious ones. Not gonna reveal my favorites, though. ;)

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
chisox1917 said:
jmc280zx said:

Lance McCullers, Nelson Rodriguez and Alex Bregman are the obvious ones. Not gonna reveal my favorites, though. ;)
besides the obvious Trey Williams ima guess you like Josh Henderson ;) close?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No comment. :)

Giolito looked great in the 1st. Wicked curve.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
I was planning on going but two days of PG practices wiped me out plus having 800 photos to go through and 15 hours of video editing ahead of me I decided against it.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
McCullers looked very impressive as well. K'd the first batter with high cheese. Touched 96 in the inning.

Some lofty comps being thrown around by the commentators. McCullers = Dylan Bundy and Trey Williams = Jose Bautista?

Yeah, right.

(Incidently, Keith Law sees McCullers becoming a reliever. ::facepalm::)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Joey Gallo goes yard. Got all of it.

(Isn't he the lawyer from My Cousin Vinnie?) :mrgreen:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Houston, we have a problem.

If you check eBay, you'll see quite a few of these cards (unautographed) have already hit.

And each one says "Topps Certified Autograph Issue" at the bottom.

Really, Topps? Really? If ever there was a facepalm moment, this is it. ::facepalm::

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Jaypers said:

If you check eBay, you'll see quite a few of these cards (unautographed) have already hit.

Really, Topps? Really? If ever there was a facepalm moment, this is it. ::facepalm::

Yeah I was just gonna post this. Got alot of cards today at the game and everyone says Topps certified autograph. Epic fail this time by Topps

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Jaypers said:

Yeah I was just gonna post this. Got alot of cards today at the game and everyone says Topps certified autograph. Epic fail this time by Topps

I'll bet they did this for the Under-Armour cards, too. Strangely, I've yet to see any of those hit eBay. Topps claims they did hand them out yesterday.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Jaypers said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Jaypers said:

I'll bet they did this for the Under-Armour cards, too. Strangely, I've yet to see any of those hit eBay. Topps claims they did hand them out yesterday.

Yeah I would think EBay would atleast have a dew of those. I'm thinking Topps just forgot to edit the autograph part out when printing the ones to be given out at the game. There aren't any Topps holograms on the cards and they aren't numbered. Probably just an honest mistake but sadly these could stir alot of forgeries

Latest posts