Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Now, for something completely different

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
As you all know, the Hot List is a weekly article of mine and many of the other articles I've written have been "this card is hot, this sale is up, this is down." So, for something to spice up the blog - I went for something completely different.

http://freedomcardboard.com/?p=1923

Let me know what you think!

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
cmnkb8 said:
But, but...I like griping on message boards...derp derp derp

That's part of my point - there are plenty of things worth griping about, perhaps. Lots of Manny Pacquiao autos out of cheap packs isn't one of them :)

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
"big hits" in "cheap" packs are what opening modern packs is all about.

The "thrill" in opening $50+ packs is more likely to be disappointment then glee

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
masonphillip said:
cmnkb8 said:
But, but...I like griping on message boards...derp derp derp

That's part of my point - there are plenty of things worth griping about, perhaps. Lots of Manny Pacquiao autos out of cheap packs isn't one of them :)

Oh I agree. Some people always need to find something to complain about, no matter how inane or illogical the arguments may be. In fact, there are certain posters here who seem to do nothing but that...it seems to be what keeps them going ;)

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:

The "thrill" in opening $50+ packs is more likely to be disappointment then glee

and its really a relatively recent phenomenon when you think about it.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
masonphillip said:
ThoseBackPages said:

Bowman Draft comes to mind when I think about the possibility of a "huge hit" when it comes to "low cost" packs and what may be inside

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
masonphillip said:
ThoseBackPages said:

Bowman Draft comes to mind when I think about the possibility of a "huge hit" when it comes to "low cost" packs and what may be inside

That's a good example, the interesting thing about that too is the signature of a draft pick cost Topps a lot less than a Manny signature I would imagine - but it still manages to add that big hit potential, which is cool.

Members online

Latest posts