Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Drool: UD 500 Club Ruth Bat / Cut on the Bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Jastermereel said:
Easily the Post-1960 Holy Grail.
Agreed.

I placed a bid, but as expected it did not hit the reserve (and I am sure that it will be miles from the ending price. Card should easily get $20,000 or more (and I could imagine it getting way more.) Crazy that it is /3.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Have any of the three been up for auction prior to this? Amazing card and agree that it will go for at least $20K. Would also love to see the Killebrew auto /3. I believe one sold years ago.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
manningmurphyfan said:
Have any of the three been up for auction prior to this? Amazing card and agree that it will go for at least $20K. Would also love to see the Killebrew auto /3. I believe one sold years ago.
Pretty sure the Killebrew is /1 (I think that's what you meant to type.) For a long time it was on eBay with a BIN of like $12,999 or something like that.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
manningmurphyfan said:
Pretty sure the Killebrew is /1 (I think that's what you meant to type.) For a long time it was on eBay with a BIN of like $12,999 or something like that.

The one I recall seeing a 'realized price' for in a Beckett was /3. I was under the impression that all of the autos were to the player's jersey number.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
manningmurphyfan said:
Topnotchsy said:
manningmurphyfan said:

The one I recall seeing a 'realized price' for in a Beckett was /3. I was under the impression that all of the autos were to the player's jersey number.
You are correct. It is I who was remembering wrong lol. Sorry about that.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
manningmurphyfan said:
Topnotchsy said:
manningmurphyfan said:

You are correct. It is I who was remembering wrong lol. Sorry about that.

No worries. Made me search as I was curious about the set. It looks like the Mantle auto was a 1/1. Here's a link to some info on the product. http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/Upper_Deck_A_Piece_of_History_500_HR_Club

536HR Mickey Mantle CUT 1

EBAU Ernie Banks 14

EMAU Eddie Mathews 41

FRAU Frank Robinson 20

HAAU Hank Aaron 44

HKAU Harmon Killebrew 3

KG Ken Griffey, Jr. 25

MSAU Mike Schmidt 20

RJAU Reggie Jackson 44

RPAU0 Rafael Palmeiro 25

SMMC Mark McGwire 25

SSAU Sammy Sosa EXCH 21

TWAU Ted Williams 9

WMA Willie Mays 24

WMAU Willie McCovey 44

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I think they should have taken a bit of time before listing this card to promote the future sale of it. While it will get tons, this is the type of card if it had a few articles written up on it would be huge. There are guys who collect this set who may not see this auction for whatever reason. I think they goofed a bit.

Members online