Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Life long dream coming true?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Here is a diagram of the shop that I hope to opening in the next couple months

Floorplan.jpg

HELLS YEAH!

Comments welcome

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I only see one glaring problem Eddie...

Where is the Supplies Center?

Congrats!! :)

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
We should all be so lucky Eddie. Hope it all works out great for you. Maybe start a thread with pics of the progress?

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Good luck.
Probably not a surprise but I've also had that dream as well. Hope it works out well.
I like that you have the comics and gaming section there. It's my belief if an enterprise like this is going to work you can't limit yourself and it would need to include all those types of collectibles. Think something like that could work - if there aren't other options nearby....and one hobby could hopefully feed off another. (i.e. - We all know trading cards can be very addictive when you get that first hit).

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
afrobandit said:
I'd put the snack station closer to the register for theft reasons.

I was thinking the same thing about the book bag bin being right next to the exit.

Looks awesome! How much competition is there in your area?

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
You will definately want the cooler and snacks closer to the front of the store for visability.. I would put Comics or Supplies on that wall in the back if anything.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I really think you should put in a secret back room for your high-end clientele. Have an HD TV in the back, a big fridge/fully stocked bar, and also a large poker table where people can pack war - pump in the oxygen with no clocks in the room, add a full-time waitress, and you are set................good luck on your new venture.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Another thing. Put a bargain box next to the register. Works just like candy at the checkout.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
I agree with others Eddie about the snack counter, Its like convenient store having stuff close to the regester for impulse last buys if that makes any sense. Good luck Eddie!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I have to ask how prevalent will comics be. I guess just ordering the top sellers from DC, Marvel and Image? Looks like that part's kind of an afterthought, about 3x as much space devoted to 'commons' as 'comics.'

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I think 4 gaming tables for day-to-day operations is too many. I'd have two tables and would use the other space for something else. Then, when you need the extras for a tournament or whatever you could put out the other two.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I would use the other 2 tables for bargain GU'ed/Auto/insert boxes and leave them right in the middle of the store.. use the wall where you have commons boxes for Jerseys, hats and other memorabilia so you cover all your bases.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I kind of like being able to see unopened wax that's not behind a counter, but that's just my opinion. I understand it for open wax though.

Members online

No members online now.