Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tigers acquire Delmon Young

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
Zymco said:
Wow, he passed through waivers?

edit

To a team in the same division?

That's the thing.... ya gotta ask how/why did he clear waivers?

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I have never understood anything Twins fans say, but the fact that they are rejoicing over the departure of Young baffles me. He lead the Twins in RBI's last season BY 20! You guys' are very silly, sure he is having a down year and is hitting below his production, but so is Mauer, Morneau, I mean **** who isn't hitting below what they are capable this year for the Twins? Are you going to trade Mauer, of course not. Obviously DY isn't the face of the franchise, but selling so low on someone with HUGE talent and a massive amount of potential, IN THE DIVISION. Is going to come back to bite you guys in the ass time after time again, you can count on it. Im not calling Delmon a saint either, I know he probaly doesn't have your ideal make up, but he's seemed to have kept his nose fairly clean in Minnesota and was productive after being banished from Tampa Bay.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Don't see them dealing Castellanos for Delmon Young. Young can still be a very solid player, but his value was at an all time low. Unless they got one of the Tigers top two prospects (Turner or Castellanos), the Twins did a head-scratcher.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
jlecates said:
Firebirds11 said:
jlecates said:
justwar said:
jlecates said:
I'm betting that PTBNL is Mr. Castellanos.

God, I hope not!
I'd like to think not, but to me he is the only player that Detroit has in the system to make that deal work.

Yeah, okay. ::facepalm::
Oh, I forgot, it is a vast system filled with huge talent.

The Tigers were ranked to have the 25th best farm system according to Baseball America coming into this season and have traded four of their top 30 at the deadline, two of which were top 10 (Martinez and Ruffin)

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
jlecates said:
Firebirds11 said:
jlecates said:
justwar said:
jlecates said:
I'm betting that PTBNL is Mr. Castellanos.

God, I hope not!
I'd like to think not, but to me he is the only player that Detroit has in the system to make that deal work.

Yeah, okay. ::facepalm::
Oh, I forgot, it is a vast system filled with huge talent.

Dombrowski is not going to trade the organization's best position player for a player that should not be playing everyday.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I don't think it's possible for the PTBNL to be Turner. He has already debuted and I believe a PTBNL must change leagues at the major-league level. I am not sure how eligibility factors into this.

Anyone know the ruling?

I don't see how it's not Castellanos....

Mudpuddlehuddle

Jan 23, 2011
Minnesota
He gives back a lot of RBI's in the field. He does zero for the clubhouse. We need money to throw into pitching here in minnesota. This might come back to bite us but since our GM decided to do nothing on the trade deadline he was backed into a corner. This won't be the first outfielder to leave the team before the end of the season.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Dustin Ackley has a higher WAR total (in 1 month) than Delmon Young (career).

He's not a good baseball player.

Latest posts