Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Am I missing something.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I have really been thinking about what the backs of the GU cards say lately. They say it is a piece of GU uniform used in an official MLB game, but no reference that it was worn by the actual player on the card. Maybe that comes into play here, but I doubt it. I got a Felix Hernandez UD Game Used card and on the back it just said congrats blah blah blah game used memoriblia from an offical MLB game, but nothing to note that Felix actually wore it. Is that how they get around it? Buy up cheap bench guys/managers then use their jerseys to make GU cards of stars?

~AJ

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
ajbraves25 said:
I have really been thinking about what the backs of the GU cards say lately. They say it is a piece of GU uniform used in an official MLB game, but no reference that it was worn by the actual player on the card. Maybe that comes into play here, but I doubt it. I got a Felix Hernandez UD Game Used card and on the back it just said congrats blah blah blah game used memoriblia from an offical MLB game, but nothing to note that Felix actually wore it. Is that how they get around it? Buy up cheap bench guys/managers then use their jerseys to make GU cards of stars?

~AJ

I just looked at the back of several GU cards I had sitting around, and most make it pretty clear that the jersey swatch belongs to the player in question. A 2010 A&G Ryan Braun says "This Topps A&G Relic Card Contains A Game-Worn Relic of Ryan Braun...", for example. A lot of them say things like "You have just received a Game Worn Jersey Relic Card of Jim Thome...", which sounds pretty clear that it's a relic of a jersey that Jim Thome wore in a game. Unless, of course, Topps has invented new meanings for some of those words...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts