Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the smallest PT size for toploaders...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
That would hold a regular Bowman, Upper Deck, or Topps card.

I'm looking for the smallest size that may be too small for regular chrome cards.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
all i know is that the Generic ones WalMart carries now are the thinnest ever made -
and sometimes don't even fit my base cards/autos.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
hoopster3977 said:
Just recycle the used ones just like everything else you use to ship with. ::facepalm::

You know, I was going to let your snooty, repeated response of "its unprofessional. it's recycled garbage" go, but since you decided to bring your arrogant and pompous ass back and derail ANOTHER thread about something that isn't even an issue...I'll let you read other people's thoughts (in case you missed them) on your opinion about "recycled garbage":

zep33 said:
hoopster3977 said:
Still the practice is very unprofessional. Recycled garbage.

so what type of feedback and DSRs do you leave Ebay sellers that send a recycled bubble mailer?

Jastermereel said:
hoopster3977 said:
markakis8 said:
Hendersonfan said:
I don't sell very much on eBay, but I always reuse bubble mailers and boxes that are sent to me. Place item inside and tape up. What's wrong with that? They get the job done.

There's nothing wrong with it. I get previously used mailers ALL the time from my purchases off ebay and FCB members here. Doesn't bother me one bit.

You're an idiot.

No offense.

Erich said:
hoopster3977 said:
markakis8 said:
Hendersonfan said:
I don't sell very much on eBay, but I always reuse bubble mailers and boxes that are sent to me. Place item inside and tape up. What's wrong with that? They get the job done.

There's nothing wrong with it. I get previously used mailers ALL the time from my purchases off ebay and FCB members here. Doesn't bother me one bit.

What is your Ebay ID? I would not want to offend you when I recycle a bubble mailer on a card that had free shipping, if somebody pays for shipping, in mind they they deserve a new mailer.

You are still an idiot.

Put your tail between your legs and accept defeat.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I gotta ask hoopster, when you spend your "bling," do you expect brand new toploaders and penny sleeves too? Or if it's been touched by vermin's hands lower than thou, you just throw them out?

If anyone is confused as to why this guy is derailing another thread, here is the first time he did so. On page 15 or so:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=121633&start=225

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
cmixer said:
all i know is that the Generic ones WalMart carries now are the thinnest ever made -

They wouldn't fit a standard 2011 Topps base card for me (without a sleeve).

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
cgilmo said:
there is nothing wrong with shipping in a used toploader or used bubble mailer.

Your responsibility as a seller is to get the card there safely.
Do you use recycled toploaders and ship in used bubble envelopes and charge absorbent rates for Shipping and Handling Chris? Or do you act in a professional manner as a seller and use new toploaders, team bags and new bubble envelopes to ship with? Apparently the Op just doesn't get it.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
hoopster3977 said:
cgilmo said:

Do you use recycled toploaders and ship in used bubble envelopes and charge absorbent rates for Shipping and Handling Chris? Or do you act in a professional manner as a seller and use new toploaders, team bags and new bubble envelopes to ship with? Apparently the Op just doesn't get it.
Wow if you are that offended by the OP then pm me your address and I'll send you some unused toploaders.You just have to promise to stop posting this mindless dribble.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
markakis8 said:
I gotta ask hoopster, when you spend your "bling," do you expect brand new toploaders and penny sleeves too? Or if it's been touched by vermin's hands lower than thou, you just throw them out?

If anyone is confused as to why this guy is derailing another thread, here is the first time he did so. On page 15 or so:

Hey Marakis:
Your shipping practices and what you charged was a sin. Your packaging on that group break of yours was absolutely terrible and UNPROFESSIONAL as a host or seller. Maybe you should get Andrew to school you on how group breaks should be processed.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
hofmichael said:
hoopster3977 said:
cgilmo said:

Wow if you are that offended by the OP then pm me your address and I'll send you some unused toploaders.You just have to promise to stop posting this mindless dribble.
Don't waste your time. I make sure I use new supplies on everything I sell and ship. Maybe that is why I have satified customers with repeat buys.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
hoopster3977 said:
hofmichael said:
hoopster3977 said:
cgilmo said:

Don't waste your time. I make sure I use new supplies on everything I sell and ship. Maybe that is why I have satified customers with repeat buys.
I was trying t orefrain but I agree with the masses about you being an idiot.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
hoopster3977 said:
markakis8 said:

Hey Marakis:
Your shipping practices and what you charged was a sin. Your packaging on that group break of yours was absolutely terrible and UNPROFESSIONAL as a host or seller. Maybe you should get Andrew to school you on how group breaks should be processed.

When I do it for a business, break 12-15 cases a month, and make thousands per month off the breaks, maybe I'll put more consideration into using brand spanking new bubble envelopes.

But when I charge $5 per slot just to cover the cost of the case and fees and only do it once or twice a year...I'm not too worried about pleasing arrogant people such as yourself.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
ffgameman said:
cmixer said:

I think these are the ones I'm looking for. But you are saying they don't fit a regular base topps card?

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
markakis8 said:
ffgameman said:
cmixer said:

I think these are the ones I'm looking for. But you are saying they don't fit a regular base topps card?
Yeah the ones they have a walmart are awful. I couldn't get anything besides base bowman and topps in there and even them its a pain in the butt. They are way to small and you risk damage when using them I feel. I ended up just putting cards between them inside a team bag just to get rid of the stupid things.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I've seen those generic toploaders at Walmart that come in packages of 35. The shrink wrap is usually so loose that the toploaders shift around a lot and are pretty scuffed up before you can even buy them. I've never bought them solely for that reason, but after reading here that they don't even fit some base cards I'm really glad I didn't buy them.

On the topic of using used toploaders and padded envelopes for selling, I always thought the practice was kind of frowned upon. It's better for the environment and saves some money, but with the prices some sellers charge for postage (i.e. more than about $3.50 for one card to Canada) I expect fresh new mailing and packaging supplies.

- Rod

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
markakis8 said:
ffgameman said:
cmixer said:

They did not for me. I even stretched the inside of the toploader, and still no luck. I could eventually get one in, but it wasn't safe for the card.

They were made by some offshoot company - not Ultra Pro.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
ffgameman said:
markakis8 said:
ffgameman said:
cmixer said:

They did not for me. I even stretched the inside of the toploader, and still no luck. I could eventually get one in, but it wasn't safe for the card.

They were made by some offshoot company - not Ultra Pro.

Hmmm I'll stay away, thanks for the heads up

Members online

Latest posts