Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giants Injuries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 15, 2009
Has any team in the major had as many injury problems as them? 18 of the 25 man roster have been on the DL this year and only 21 players who have played all year with the Giants haven't been on the DL! It looks like it might be 19 soon if Nate's foot is actually broken. Now Keppinger is getting an MRI on his wrist, Giants have 2 1B in the outfield right now...this line-up is full of players playing the wrong position or being horrible defensively, Chris Stewart is the only solid defensive spot in that line-up right now. That is sad. Aaron Rowand is out with a strained intercostal (side) muscle. Giants bench is DeRosa and the backup catcher. That's it.

Line-up:
CF Ross
2B Fontenot
1B Sandoval
LF Huff
RF Belt
SS Cabrera
3B Tejada
C Stewart
P Sanchez

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
The Mets have had a lot. Not sure if they have had that many. Beltan, Reyes, Santana, Pagan, David Wright, Ike Davis, Daniel Murphy, Jason Bay, Taylor Bucholtz, Chris Young, Pedro Beato, Ronny Paulino, Bobby Parnell, Mejia.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Nate got hurt? Fackk. And ya i was gonna say mets have been in just as much **** as the giants have with injuries at least. I am surprised we have the record we have now with the injuries.

don't forget romo and zito (not that we care haha)

G

Twins went from April 7 when Nishi broke his leg another 4 months without having their full Opening Day lineup start again.

Jan 15, 2009
GoldenBuckeyes said:
Twins went from April 7 when Nishi broke his leg another 4 months without having their full Opening Day lineup start again.
Huff is the only player from the WS starting squad who is still playing...why couldn't it be Posey!!!!

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
God and wilson i think still has a bad back and romo bad elbow...i hate to say it and hate giving up, but our season is done. especially with beltran hurt too...gah

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Man this has been a terrible year with players on the DL.......

Ross, Wilson started year on DL
Zito on DL twice
F. Sanchez out for the season
Posey out for the season
Sandoval DL for 40 games
J. Sanchez on DL, now maybe twice now
Ford on the DL
Fontenot spent time on DL
DeRosa been on the DL most of the season, most of his time with the Giants
Torres on DL twice
Burrell on DL
Tejeda just back from DL
Beltran on DL
Romo on DL
Keppinger could be out soon
Schierholtz could be out soon
Panda fouled a ball off his foot yesterday

If everyone was healthy the Giants everyday line up would be scary with their pitching staff but nothing seems to be going their way this season.

If healthy:

Torres -CF
F. Sanchez - 2B
Beltran - RF
Sandoval - 3B
Posey - C
Huff - 1B
Ross - LF
Tejeda - SS
Pitchers Spot

Jan 15, 2009
ronfromfresno said:

Zito on DL twice
Posey out for the season
Sandoval DL for 40 games
Ford on the DL
Torres on DL twice
Burrell on DL
Tejeda just back from DL
Beltran on DL
Romo on DL

If everyone was healthy the Giants everyday line up would be scary with their pitching staff but nothing seems to be going their way this season.

If healthy:

Torres -CF
F. Sanchez - 2B
Beltran - RF
Sandoval - 3B
Posey - C
Huff - 1B
Ross - LF
Tejeda - SS
Pitchers Spot
Belt would be in LF.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
GiantsSuperCollector said:
ronfromfresno said:

Zito on DL twice
Posey out for the season
Sandoval DL for 40 games
Ford on the DL
Torres on DL twice
Burrell on DL
Tejeda just back from DL
Beltran on DL
Romo on DL

If healthy:

Torres -CF
F. Sanchez - 2B
Beltran - RF
Sandoval - 3B
Posey - C
Huff - 1B
Ross - LF
Tejeda - SS
Pitchers Spot
Belt would be in LF.

Nope at best Belt would be at 1B or in AAA, he started the season up because of an injury and he's only up right now because of the injury to Torres. Schierholtz might be in LF and Ross in CF but I think Belt wouldn't be in the line-up if everyone was healthy.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
RL24 said:
I think it's definitely time for a RULE CHANGE!!!!

:lol:

Sorry Giants fans.

Could. Not. Refrain.

Thanks, maybe Sabean should argue for a shorter season, not as much wear and tear on the players moving through the playoffs. ;) It actually amazes me that the Giants have won so many games with all of the injuries. I mean they are 31-0 when taking a 3 run lead and 41-8 when they score 5 or more runs.

G

RL24 said:

Sorry Giants fans.

Could. Not. Refrain.
Why should the Giants come first? You have a bankrupt team in the division, and another NL team that needs to start the season with a free 15-0 record so they can maybe win a World Series in the next 100 years.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
GoldenBuckeyes said:
RL24 said:

Sorry Giants fans.

Could. Not. Refrain.
Why should the Giants come first? You have a bankrupt team in the division, and another NL team that needs to start the season with a free 15-0 record so they can maybe win a World Series in the next 100 years.

What? Look at the division as a whole they're no worse they say the NL or AL Central or the AL West....and the worst teams in baseball reside in the NL Central so stop trying to call the NL West a terrible divison. How many World Series participants have come from the West in the last 10 years? 4 from the West, 3 from the Central and 3 from the East, seems like it's pretty even. Diamondbacks, Rockies and Giants have all been there and most of the NLCS match-ups have included a team from the West.

NLCS, 7 of the 20 participants have been from the West and in the last 4 years it's 5 of 8 teams.
2010 - Giants vs Phillies
2009 - Dodgers vs Phillies
2008 - Dodgers vs Phillies
2007 - Diamondbacks vs Rockies
2006 - Mets vs Cardinals
2005 - Astros vs Cardinals
2004 - Astros vs Cardinals
2003 - Marlins vs Cubs
2002 - Giants vs Cardinals
2001 - Diamondbacks vs Braves

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
If you're asking what team has been plagued by injuries like the Giants, I'd say the Braves. The Braves have had just as many injuries this year and they're 20+ games over .500. Only starters in the field that haven't been on the DL are Alex Gonzalez, Uggla, and Freeman. Huddy and Lowe are the only guys in the starting rotation that haven't landed on the DL this year. The AAA call-ups have played great this year for the Braves, with Constanza being the biggest surprise. I don't follow the Giants except when they play the Braves, but I'm assuming the AAA call-ups have played terrible if you're complaining.

Members online

Latest posts