Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Hotlist is Live, in this Thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
1. Mike Carp 2004 SP Prospects Auto
CarpSPProspects.jpg

Aww CARP! Mike’s been on a hitting tear lately and even though the Mets > Mariners when it comes to hobby love for markets, Mike’s hitting has more than made up for the market effect. Mike’s SP Prospects Autos have moved from $10 to $35 this week as he swats big flies in the big leagues.

2. Randall Delgado 2010 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor
DelgadoSilver.jpg

Flirting usually gets you noticed, or at least people hope it does. Flirting with a no-no totally gets you noticed especially as a new guy in town. Randall did just this for the Braves the other night and his Bowman Chrome Blue Refractors popped up from $6.5 to $20.

3. Matt Harvey 2010 Bowman Chrome Draft High End Parallel Autos
HarveyGold.jpg

Matt made this list a few times earlier this season as he blew hitters away in High-A. The transition to AA didn’t treat him quite as well as he liked early on but now he seems to be settling in some. Over his last 4 starts he has 3 wins, 22 IP, an ERA of just over 3 and a K/BB ratio of 26/5. His Gold Refractor Autos were selling for $150 this week when in the prior weeks, one hit only $75 at auction.

4. Grove of the Burnwillows
Burnwillows.jpg

I’m not going to act like I know a lot about gaming cards but from those who do, they tell me that Grove of the Burnwillows, which was by far the best name of those listed, went from looking in, to being on the inside as far as being official. As a result of its newfound usefulness, the card nearly quadrupled moving from $5 to $20.

5. Ryan Lavarnway 2010 Bowman Sterling Autos
LavarSterling.jpg

There are a lot of things I could write about Ryan but the bottom line is this. He got called up, he’s a Red Sox prospect and he’s hit a lot of HRs this year – 70% increase in sterling autos overnight.

6. Colt McCoy 2010 Playoff Contenders
McCoyContenders.jpg

Hope are high for Colt this year and if he plays well, a lot of people are going to look awfully foolish for letting him slide so far in the draft. Preseason games have lots of football cards on the move and Colt’s Contenders are no different, going from $45 last week to over $60 this week.

7. Justin Upton 2006 Bowman Chrome Autos

UptonChromeAU.jpg

Justin’s Chrome Autos moved from $60 into the $80s this week, which is not a new high (those happened in ’06) but they are certainly a 52-week high to put it in stock market lingo. The guy continues to hit absolute bombs, steal bases and carry the D-backs. Oh by the way, he’s still really really young so all that is viewed even more favorably.

8. Curtis Granderson 2002 Bowman Chrome Parallels

Granderson-1.jpg

The Grandy-man can, cause he likes the right field porch, it’d make Chuck Knoblauch look good! And so the song ends and on another note, his home/away HR splits are 19/15 so he’s not just hitting 330 ft HRs to the right field porch in Yankee stadium all day. Granderson is moving into a new level of hobby love and parallels of his rookie cards are really starting to take off, a Ref /300 9.5 sold for over $100 this week.

9. 2011 Topps Inception Silver Ink Football Autographs

InceptionSilverInk.jpg

Between Leaf Metal Draft, pre-draft and Topps Inception, preseason, this bevy of beauty has never before been available to football collectors early in the year. And my oh my are they loving it, particularly the silver autos /25 from Inception which in-spite of being patch-less and /25 are selling really strong!

10. John Wall 2010-11 National Treasures Patch Auto /99

wallpatchau.jpg

Any time a card routinely sells for $1.5K plus it is worth a mention and John Wall’s patch auto /99 is doing just that. I have to say, I think it is ridiculously high considering but when the card is as limited as /99 and the high-end products in basketball are Exquisite less anymore, rationality doesn’t play as much of a factor as it used to. None the less, John’s sales are driving this product.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Carp joins Dustin Ackley, Michael Pineda, Kyle Seager, Blake Beavan, Greg Halman, and Carlos Peguero as Mariner rookies who've made the "hotlist" this season.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Why come are the Inception Silvers so hot? Is it purely aesthetics? For example, looking at Cam Newton, there's another #/25 autograph out there with a red explosion in the background, but two examples sold for less than what one silver sold for.

And yes, Magic's milieu being general fantasy, there's no shortage of cards with names like bands or songs, often those of a variety of cheesy metal. Tonight only at TLA, three big bands on one huge bill: Tombstalker, Angel of Despair, and Cranial Extraction!

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I am impressed with how you danced through the commentary on the gaming card.I have no idea what any of it meant but it sounded good. :D

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
hofmichael said:
I am impressed with how you danced through the commentary on the gaming card.I have no idea what any of it meant but it sounded good. :D

Lol thank you, work in a large company long enough and political speak comes rather naturally.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
smapdi said:
Why come are the Inception Silvers so hot? Is it purely aesthetics? For example, looking at Cam Newton, there's another #/25 autograph out there with a red explosion in the background, but two examples sold for less than what one silver sold for.

I really think this is it. They are great looking cards for sure, and they seem to have a cult following already.

I've seen some guys, including guys that will be career back-up DBs, go for $35+ even though I've never heard of them. And some of the better name prospects that have Silver version /25 autos go for FOUR times the Red or similar /25 autos.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
gt2590 said:
smapdi said:

I really think this is it. They are great looking cards for sure, and they seem to have a cult following already.

I've seen some guys, including guys that will be career back-up DBs, go for $35+ even though I've never heard of them. And some of the better name prospects that have Silver version /25 autos go for FOUR times the Red or similar /25 autos.

Asthetics certainly. On card autos signed in awesome silver paint also helps. Also its the first year for them so there is no real pricing guide.

If you want to see something really silly, see what a Bradford Black Chrome Ref Auto sells for compared to Mark Sanchez's, both numbered out of 25 (I sold a bradford for over 1K and bought a Sanchez for 300).

There is no rhyme or reason sometimes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts