Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GSP Accused of Cheating?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
It certainly isn't GSP's fault. He was definitely the better conditioned fighter, and I certainly believe he would have won regardless.

That said, the pictures don't lie.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
This has been the topic of discussion for the last few days on sherdog. While ridiculous, it is against the rules. A few years ago, something similar happened in Japan. Akiyama and Sakuraba fought and Akiyama was caught greasing. Sakuraba got destroyed, but the win was overturned because of the "lube-job".

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I agree that it should never happen, but there is NO WAY GSP should lose the "w" for this act. In my opinion, he belongs in the same sentence as Fedor and Silva, simply dominant and doesnt need the least bit of "help" in getting the job done in the octagon.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
MojoDan said:
I agree that it should never happen, but there is NO WAY GSP should lose the "w" for this act. In my opinion, he belongs in the same sentence as Fedor and Silva, simply dominant and doesnt need the least bit of "help" in getting the job done in the octagon.

exactly what I thought, though what he did was wrong, he would have won regardless and I think they should look at this when determining whether to take away the W

G

I read about this yesterday, and seen all the 'Greasgate' stuff on Sherdog, and for me, it's much ado about nothing.

GSP isn't to blame, and it had nothing to do with the outcome of the fight. GSP having a Vaseline on him wasn't the reason he could land any punch or kick at will on any body part of Penn throughout the entire fight.

I say **** it, call that a no contest and just let them fight again. The outcome will be the same. GSP is the better fighter and he proved it. He is so much the better fighter in that particular weight class, that BJ probably wouldn't accept the fight.

What the trainer did was wrong, that's for sure. He shouldn't have been so careless and irresponsible. He should be punished for his error, but for Penn nuthuggers to be using this as some sort of an excuse for him losing it ridiculous. I love Penn, but some of his fan base are just complete idiots.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
HPC said:
Just BJ Penn's way of trying to take the momentum away from GSP because Penn sucks so bad!
Have to disagree with you there HPC.
Penn is amazing. He just got outclassed at the heavier weight.
Plus, all that lube did give GSP an advantage. It took away Penn's 4 arms!

Don't believe GSP was at fault, but you have to know what your guys are doing to you. So he's not all innocent.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I have to agree that BJ is incredible, he just got out-everythinged my GSP. The extra half-gram of vaseline didn't make any difference. BJ could have brought a .357 with him and he'd have lost that fight.

Members online

Latest posts